Scared I am very ill right now Watch

whitepearlbaby
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's your computer. You're definitely addicted.
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hypochondria?
thenewromance1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Flyingaround)
I went there after the first time but I have healthy eyes...Well the Left eye is not in focus but he said I am ok as I only use My right eye...something like that...
I hope it is only eye train...but I never understand why I go numb...

'What causes repetitive strain injury?

The main cause is frequent and repetitive movements of a part of the body. For example, typing, using a computer mouse a lot, etc. Other factors may contribute, such as poor posture whilst doing the movement, using excessive force whilst doing the movement, and not having enough breaks from the task.'

'One or both upper limbs may be affected, depending on which is used to perform the activity responsible for the problem. As well as the pain, numbness and tingling may make holding objects difficult.'

Oncoming repetitive strain injury. I think, considering you were given the all clear last time, and you sit at a comp for 10 hours straight, I deem it highly likely you are not dying.
thenewromance1234
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becky.fm)
Hypochondria?
Pretty much.
thenewromance1234
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think you should go to the hospital and demand a full body scan. Immediately.
ExDeusVenitBritannia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by QuantumTheory)
Feeling like you're having a heart attack might well be a panic attack.
If you're on the computer for 10 hours at a time, you're bound to have some ill effects.
Also, you seem overly worried - Possibly another symptom of anxiety, which can cause panic attacks.
See a doctor, but not as an emergency, and ambulances are really for emergencies, like fires, car crashes, murders...
Please don't call 999 unless it's a serious emergency, what if an ambulance was late to your parents because they'd been seeing you?
Hope this helps,
Jess.
Ambulances are for murders... haha. At the murder stage it could be too late for an ambulance :p:
Flyingaround
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Clements-)
i think you should go to the hospital and demand a full body scan. Immediately.
are you making fun...I am not a hypochondriact...I was happy until my vision went funny...I decided to sleep and it happened
suicidal_dream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went there after the first time but I have healthy eyes...Well the Left eye is not in focus but he said I am ok as I only use My right eye...something like that...
I hope it is only eye train...but I never understand why I go numb...
Well point one, your eye strain is probably your right eye trying to over-compensate for your left eye.
I'd go back to the opticians and ask again about it, and TELL them you're getting eyestrain.

The numbness is probably because you've been sitting down too long without using the right supports for your arm!
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
are you making fun...I am not a hypochondriact...I was happy until my vision went funny...I decided to sleep and it happened
It could be that you are very tired and didnt get enough sleep, hence the visual distubances. And maybe you were laying on your arm in your sleep and made it go numb?. The numbness has happened to me before and its really weird when you are touching your numb are but cant feel it!.
PhilMc
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
-------------
RachelBabyfrog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Strange things happening to your vision and a numb arm, followed by a headache? Could be a migraine with aura?

(The first time I had one I had no idea what was happening and was terrified)
cheese_fondue
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
maybe you should try to spend less time on the computer? might be better for your social life too.
blondy04
Report 10 years ago
go to your doctor!!!!
Flyingaround
Rep:
?
(Original post by RachelBabyfrog)
Strange things happening to your vision and a numb arm, followed by a headache? Could be a migraine with aura?

(The first time I had one I had no idea what was happening and was terrified)
Thanks Rachel I'm at least happy someone else is in the same boat and that we don't have problems
Flyingaround
Rep:
?
(Original post by cheese_fondue)
maybe you should try to spend less time on the computer? might be better for your social life too.
Yes I will ...Today I went out to the trafford centre...Looked for an ice rink...I'm not kidding it's about the size of a ping pong table...
I feel better today and should be now as I've only spend about 4 hours on it
gonna go out again tomorrow
Flyingaround
Rep:
?
(Original post by suicidal_dream)
Well point one, your eye strain is probably your right eye trying to over-compensate for your left eye.
I'd go back to the opticians and ask again about it, and TELL them you're getting eyestrain.

The numbness is probably because you've been sitting down too long without using the right supports for your arm!
Yeah true, I think he said my right eye is the dominent one that I never use my left much or at all for reading...I can switch between
I'll go with less computer
Flyingaround
Rep:
?
(Original post by Annie72)
It could be that you are very tired and didnt get enough sleep, hence the visual distubances. And maybe you were laying on your arm in your sleep and made it go numb?. The numbness has happened to me before and its really weird when you are touching your numb are but cant feel it!.
Yeah but I had 10 hours sleep
Dutchess of Doncaster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Headache and loss of some vision sounds like a migraine. TBH no one here can help you so just pop along to your GP tomorrow or when you're next free and discuss it witht them. Don't waste the ambulance if it isn't an emergency.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.71%
No (587)
72.29%

Watched Threads