Do you show your teeth when you smile? Watch

Nicky Nitro
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I usually smile with my teeth not showing, if I'm doing a joke smile or a "Nick's crazy" smile I show my teeth.

Unfortunately it was the joke smile I kept doing all the way through our holiday in Thailand with my Mum, Dad, Brother, Uncle, Auntie and Cousins and my little cousin had to bring in photos for her class wall or something, she's only in primary school, and she had one of all of us and apparently her whole class think I'm funny and crazy. We're going to her Birthday party this weekend with all of them too, so that should be funny!
affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I always smile with my mouth closed. I've actually tried smiling - in front of a mirror - where I show my teeth and whilst my teeth aren't really bad or anything, it just doesn't look right.
Holty-Dave
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no
neverstandstill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I do when I'm genuinly smiling. At other times I just keep my mouth shut with a twitch very occasionally or I'm perceived as grumpy. Kind of like Jack Dee, looks like a grumpy b*****d but has a great sense of humour.
Mikiki
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by affinity89)
I always smile with my mouth closed. I've actually tried smiling - in front of a mirror - where I show my teeth and whilst my teeth aren't really bad or anything, it just doesn't look right.
Same here, it looks like I'm been forced to smile if I show my teeth!
Mystic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I keep my teeth hidden, as my totty smile doesn't look good. Alos I don't have perfect straight white teeth that many people (i.e people in the media have), whihc make their smiles oh so much nicer.
Resok
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dont have good teeth, but I still do when I'm laughing around with someone I like.

Oh and even though I don't have the greatest teeth, I still got voted 3rd best smile in my year at the end of secondary school!
Cooro
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Usually with teeth not showing. But I don't like my smile so I tend not to use it if I can get away with it :laugh: It doesn't help that I'm a happy person and usually end up smiling a lot anyway :p:
Happy_Holidays
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't show my teeth as it feels really unnatural to do so.
SuperStaah
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It seems many of us hate photographs. I am the same.

I was taking a photo for my Facebook and I thought .... hang on, if I can't smile on a camera natural because I look stupid, then I must look stupid when I smile in real life without realizing.

99% of the time my mouth is closed. Can't wait to get the money sorted to get my teeth fixed.
I don't think thats true, because when you're taking a photo of yourself smiling, no matter how natural you make it look, it will still be forced, thats why it looks different than when you smile in real life.
I have seen quite a few pictures of people forcing themselves to smile for picture (that they have taken them self) that look a bit cheesy/ridiculous, but in real life they have a gorgeous smile. :yep:

To answer the OT, I think I sometimes show my teeth when I smile, but not all the time. Depends on how happy I am, I guess. :p:
Sine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't know:confused:...depends I guess...
Keith_Dave
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think so...maybe i should though...because i just smiled in the mirror and i've realised that it makes me look peado...
Stace-is-Ace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i hate my teeth so...no!

I don't like my face when I have a big smile either - it makes my cheeks extra fat. Lovely!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I am so glad that it's not just me that thinks like this. I sort of feel happy now that I am not alone.
vickiii
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah.. ive got braces and had terrible teeth before them so i tried smiling with my mouth shut for a while but it just looked odd and fake so i gave up.. but im getting my braces off a week on wednesday so its all good! cant wait!!
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
I'm slef-concious about my teeth as one is slightly crooked at the top. But people say they've never noticed until I point it out so I just smile American style now hehe

What is most attractive and welcoming about someone is someone who is comfortable with themselves and has a happy attitude
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It depends on the type of smile and the situation. For polite, 'your welcome' smiles to people I'll smile with my mouth closed, if I'm smiling/laughing at a joke, I'll show my teeth with a big grin.
I always get commented on my smile, because it seems to go from ear to ear.
Symbea
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't smile. I'm trying the deep and meaninful tortured soul persona this week.
Music Is My Boyfriend
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ya.
*Cheeeeese*
SiaSiaSia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I do.
But my teeth ARE perfect
[bracessss ]
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.8%
No (646)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.49%

Watched Threads