Preppy Watch

Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by aforalice)
I like the college style scarf you're wearing in your flickr photo...they're cool, I want one! I wish I could find a UoL one... My step mum has one with the UoL colours on one side and the Bedford College (part of RHUL now) colours on the back... I'd LOVE a king's one. So much cooler than a hoodie!
Hopefuly I'll get to wear the QMUL one instead of one I picked up from H&M for £3.
aforalice
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Norfolkadam)
Hopefuly I'll get to wear the QMUL one instead of one I picked up from H&M for £3.
You might have to stay in the university of H&M 'cause I reallly can't find a king's one and QMUL could well be the same
**sunshine**
Report 10 years ago
why you guyz have to dress like others do or to copy every single stupid look? To me, prepppy is not attractive at all, its more geekish..Clothes should represent you. BTW you can find stuff in topshop, new look it doesnt have to be ralph lauren
ClivePounds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
American culture = EPIC FAIL
Lord_Farquad
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think preppy is cool if worn with a touch of irony, ie. think vampire weekend, gossip girl etc. Never like those horribly naff people who wear certain brands simply as class indicators, rather than because of any actually interest in fashion.

COOL

FAIL

Just my opinion of course...!

You do realize that the second picture is the typical definition of American prep. In fact that is exactly what I wore today just without the stupid haircut and shades.
aforalice
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well if you read my comment above the picks... stereotypical preppy clothes=rubbish, while putting a new spin an classic country or 'upper class' attire looks pretty cool. If it's about personal style and expressing yourself it's fine, if it's just about trying to tell the world you're a member of a tennis club (or wish you were) it's really tacky.
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
I think preppy is cool if worn with a touch of irony, ie. think vampire weekend, gossip girl etc. Never like those horribly naff people who wear certain brands simply as class indicators, rather than because of any actually interest in fashion.

COOL

FAIL

Just my opinion of course...!
yeah, i ******* hate people that wear topshop, river island, next, primark, burton, giogoi etc
Stace-is-Ace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
God I love preppy guys...
Lord_Farquad
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I generally hate people who have started dressing preppy because they think it's cool. I've been dressing the same since I was about 5 and now all of a sudden there are a bunch of wannabe's about. It is unacceptable.
couture_kid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love the preppy/geekish look.
Poshtottie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Em you cant buy preppy cheap thats the whole point of it how the hell are you supposed to dress expensive if you cant afford it. If you havnt noticed its just us rich girls that can afford it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads