Uni's for studying Medicine Watch

thecdon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
What are you lot studying and where????????????
Tinny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ahhh, glad you clarified the situation. As long as you are dedicated, and prepared to work hard, then you do still have a chance, just make these next two years count! Mind you, I'm not saying it will be easy.

Sorry, I didn't understand what environmental sciences was - now I know, it sounds like it should be accepted - so if I was you I would take up either Maths or Physics AS next year, and then have your final subject as follows:
A2: PE, Environmental Science and Chemistry (may Bio as well, up to you)
AS: Bio (if not taken to A2) and Maths/Physics

I'm studying medicine at Leicester, and it is amazing! So I definitely recommend putting your all into getting that all important place

Goodluck!
AEH
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
With regard to uni representatives, unless they happen to be direct from the medical school then they don't really count. Everything works to slightly different rules for this course, so ignore what the generalists say. Also, sixth form tutors tend to be massively behind the curve as well, so take things with a pinch of salt. Basically, corroborate every bit of information from multiple sources and remember not all advice is created equal.

Oh, and don't get all shirty about stuff you consider to be "Negative". It might be from people who are just trying to put you down, but it may also be from the people you need to listen to the most and in this case its probably true. You can get in to medical school from a resit but its really, really difficult and will mean quite a serious level of commitment to gambling with your time and money. Feel free if you think you can, but under no means do this lightly.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?