do you spend all your wages? Watch

inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A top that costs £40-£50? Where are you shopping? :eek:

When I get a job I'll be saving at least 50% of the wages for uni.
Anabolicator
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
i finaly got a job, and im gonna save till 80 quid to buy my samsung p2 that i wanted for ages
flinchalot
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to work at Tesco and got about £350 a month... no way could I have spent that much a month! So I saved A LOT of it and now, since I no longer have a job it's coming in handy

But some of my friends get paid weekly so I guess it's easier not to notice how much you're spending.
GeorgEGNT
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Spend it straight away, I have my fun today not wait for it tomorrow as that day may never come.
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't get wages

But when i did, i saved about 90% of them tbh. But at the time, i had nothing to spend money on. :p:
rotor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I spend all of it
Maybe.so
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i have over a week left until pay day.... and about a fiver in the bank. Guess i should really start saving
dita_parlo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I spend it all on bills
Rutter knows best!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
minimun wage menas that saving money although sounds nice, does'nt happen
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GeorgEGNT)
Spend it straight away, I have my fun today not wait for it tomorrow as that day may never come.
Thats what I was going to say . I am wanting to go back to work.....but really it wouldnt be worth my while. I would end up spending most of it on childcare!!!. Actually I"d only be working for around 20 a week!!!:mad:

Sorry I am really fed up.:yep:
sweetlovinchick2k1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I saved £100 a month when I worked at Sainbury's, I'm so happy I did because it meant I didn't need to go into my student loan to buy books for my course or my laptop. I saved a total of £1600.

Used £1000 to buy myself a laptop and the rest to buy books, printer stuff like that.

So glad I did it, I will save for the rest of my life now. Even if it's just a little bit it all adds up.
Maybe.so
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rutter knows best!)
minimun wage menas that saving money although sounds nice, does'nt happen
exactly :yep:
dododo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
im on minimum wage its totally ****. sometimes i think id rather not go to work than earn the £34 for an 8 hour day
lees80
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by dododo)
im on minimum wage its totally ****. sometimes i think id rather not go to work than earn the £34 for an 8 hour day
could always leave and let someone that wants the money do the job? £170 a week is hardly **** (ok, it might not be great after tax) - depends what job it is, but just remember that everyone has to start somewhere.....
Liam92
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm saving nearly all of mine at the moment, but I don't know how long this will last...
Nico_SU
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Spend half, save half.
Cyril Sneer's Nose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I spend every penny. And now two weeks from payday, I have exactly £20 to last me till then. :awesome:
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 10 years ago
I haven't saved anything for ages . . .however I will have 2 jobs @ Xmas, so hoping to save a fair bit to put towards new car in the new year.
ForMyOwnGain
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I usually spend about 20% per week.
EmmaK90
Report 10 years ago
I normally save most of my wages, but end up blowing it all in one go, e.g an expensive shopping trip, or my telescope(which cost £800) lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.48%
No (615)
72.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise