Fishes

x x
you're confusing me?!? lol
flown_muse
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One of my ex-flatmates was 5 foot 7-ish, and was a size 4/6.

Her ribs and hips protuded ridiculously, she was deathly pale, had no boobs at all, was straight up and down, and ate only baby food, fruit and veg, porridge, soup and smoothies, and sometimes vaguely smelt of sick.

She had a boyfriend of 2+ years.

I'm sure you'll be fine
Miss_Scarlett
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As long as you are within the medically prescribed safe health range- I dont think it should make a difference. These threads are multitudinous this isnt the first and it certainly wont be the last. When will people accept what they have and be happy with it, or if not do something to change it? As Im sure you were expecting someone to say, a lot of girls would kill for a slim willowy figure, if thats how you are, thats how you are and Im sure any other stature probably wouldnt suit you.
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I like 'em cold.
Snobpence17
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gemgem1990)
you're confusing me?!? lol
:eek:

that reminds me, one of my friends' mum used to put 'lol' thinking it was "lots of love"

Can you imagine the embarressment!!! :awesome:
i_am_TERRIfic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DaveJ)
You can be slim AND curvy. Curvy does not mean fat, despite what fat women looking for reassurance may tell you.
Didnt dispute the fact that you can be both.

And for the matter I am not looking for reassurance myself. I am 100% happy with my figure. And I am not fat by the way.

I just find that there is alot of pressure in todays world for people who dont fit into a size 8, hence why people read everywhere that men prefer curves. To reassure other woman who aren't comfortable.

And TBH, I think personality and confidence are more important then size.
DaveJ
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by i_am_TERRIfic)
Didnt dispute the fact that you can be both.

And for the matter I am not looking for reassurance myself. I am 100% happy with my figure. And I am not fat by the way.

I just find that there is alot of pressure in todays world for people who dont fit into a size 8, hence why people read everywhere that men prefer curves. To reassure other woman who aren't comfortable.

And TBH, I think personality and confidence are more important then size.

I wasn't replying to your post, I was just replying to the first post by the OP.
gemgem1990
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
As long as you are within the medically prescribed safe health range- I dont think it should make a difference. These threads are multitudinous this isnt the first and it certainly wont be the last. When will people accept what they have and be happy with it, or if not do something to change it? As Im sure you were expecting someone to say, a lot of girls would kill for a slim willowy figure, if thats how you are, thats how you are and Im sure any other stature probably wouldnt suit you.
alright alright... don't start moaning. its only a question! I'm happy with the way i am ... and anyways i couldnt change it cus like i said i dont put on weight... i was merely making convosation?

(and no i was not expecting some to say they would kill to be slim!!...)
SuicideCommando
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Are you curvy? Or are you fat?
'Cos you realise they don't mean the same?

Curvy girls can be slim, too. And that's probably the ideal shape.
i_am_TERRIfic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DaveJ)
I wasn't replying to your post, I was just replying to the first post by the OP.
Haha, never mind then.
Apologies.

I got all fired up aswell!!
gemgem1990
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snobpence17)
:eek:

that reminds me, one of my friends' mum used to put 'lol' thinking it was "lots of love"

Can you imagine the embarressment!!! :awesome:

????
Lois_Lane
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd say that the majority of men prefer curves, a naked Kiera Knightley in NUTS magazine wouldn't be very well received but, millions of men think she's beautiful. Just because one thing is more popular doesn't mean that there aren't people who absolutely love another.
ClivePounds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Snobpence17)
yep, you're screwed alright.

Better get eating those porky porky pies. Or am I in fact telling pork pies myself?

That my friends, is Snobpence's Second Most Common Paradox.
Haha, nice one Nitch
Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Curvy all the way, baby.
gemgem1990
Rep:
?
and yeah i know that you can be slim and curvy ...
Miss_Scarlett
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
alright alright... don't start moaning. its only a question! I'm happy with the way i am ... and anyways i couldnt change it cus like i said i dont put on weight... i was merely making convosation?

(and no i was not expecting some to say they would kill to be slim!!...)
I'm not moaning, but theres several different factors that judge how you look in terms of your figure that you just cannot gauge without seeing a person such as proportionality, height etc.

Indeed, and this is my viewpoint if you make a conversation you've got to take all angles right?

Im pleased that you werent because I was, considering some of the most beautiful women in the world (I know there is some debate and not everyone will agree :p:) such as Keira Knightley and Angelina Jolie are slim- at least one person was going to say it in such a conversation.
Cyril Sneer's Nose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ive answered this in one of the other few million threads asking the exact same thing.
Mask Of Sanity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey, keep it the way you are.
Forget what guys prefer.
Aspire towards the body you prefer - assuming it's medically safe.
But, I'd definitely go for skinny.
gemgem1990
Rep:
?
yeha i kinda get the impression there may have been quite a few asking the same thing... therefore i apologise i didnt realise!
Miss_Scarlett
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeha i kinda get the impression there may have been quite a few asking the same thing... therefore i apologise i didnt realise!
No problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.52%
No (286)
74.48%

Watched Threads