Turn on thread page Beta

The only unbeaten team in England- Wycombe Wanderers watch

ReputationRep:
    meant professional team, (assuming durham aren't being bankrolled to the title so they have a team of full timers in a part time league)

and our ground isn't bad tbf Rock Fan, but we still might be moving out

Rumours of Taylor going to Watford or Bolton also worry me, aswell as Williamson potentially leaving in jan to a championship (at least) side as he's outta contract in summer.

Still, we should go 7 points clear of 3rd after our game in hand, so tis all good atm

PS Rock Fan- MON is god, we made him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdragonthegreat)
    wycombe is not a good team
    intelligent input...

ReputationRep:
    Come on Wycombe!

Might come back this weekend to work at the ground, but no idea if my boss wants me, he hasn't text me back

Will most probably still go to the game. Getting my ticket for Eastwood, as its quite close to Staffs (only an hour down A road )

ReputationRep:
    ye, need to get my eastwood tickets, no rush tho we've been given loads.

should really give them a hiding but it's never that simple
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ah yeah of course O'Neil was a Wycombe manager for a while, and he sure is god for us as well.

ReputationRep:
    LOL

Wycome. xD

Never heard of them. And no I don't support a Premier League side so don't start. Clue is on my bebo page.

ReputationRep:
    That's worse than supporting a prem team.

Although I have found most prem fans to be genuine fans, although some have lost their passion a lot(Wigan, Fulham, Boro), but that's understandable, they have been unable to progress any further last few years, I hope we don't turn out like that.

It's the top 4 teams fans I have problems with, to a greater extent, Man u, Arsenal fans, to a lesser extent Liverpool fans. They are just so arrogant and ridicule your team despite most of them never been a match or only been one or two. Also a lot of them have stupid excuses to support them, I was born there, my dad supports them, they beat everybody.

The sooner they bugger off to a super league the better, and such things as wage caps are imposed, the league will become a lot more competitive, and you will see more teams like Hull rising through the leagues.

ReputationRep:
    didn't you lose like 6-0 at home in the cup though?

ReputationRep:
    7-0... against Shrewsbury :-/ haha. Was weird game. I didn't go but was listening. Crazy.

Got my Eastwood ticket

I am a little unsure what will happen in the league. We haven't lost a game in the league but our wins haven't been amazing. Just 1-0 and 2-0s. I think if we really want to survive in League 1 we need to start improving. I think a couple of our young players are starting to come through and I hope theres more to come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holty-Dave)
    didn't you lose like 6-0 at home in the cup though?
    yer, the tinpot cup, we rested players and didn't take it seriously, shrewsbury played a full strength side, did take it seriously and played really well.

and 1-0 is good, we don't look like conceding, so 1 goal is enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PremierPotters)
    That's worse than supporting a prem team.

Although I have found most prem fans to be genuine fans, although some have lost their passion a lot(Wigan, Fulham, Boro), but that's understandable, they have been unable to progress any further last few years, I hope we don't turn out like that.

It's the top 4 teams fans I have problems with, to a greater extent, Man u, Arsenal fans, to a lesser extent Liverpool fans. They are just so arrogant and ridicule your team despite most of them never been a match or only been one or two. Also a lot of them have stupid excuses to support them, I was born there, my dad supports them, they beat everybody.
    I agree with most of that, besides there are some good Man Utd fans and some good Arsenal fans, but whether it is the acoustics in the stadiums or what, but they just seem like really dull, non-atmospheric places to go. But a lot of their fanbase suck mostly. Liverpool fans I have a bit of a soft spot for. They're wicked cool.

The teams that have "lost their passion", well I can't say I ever saw their fans being particularly passionate ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    I agree with most of that, besides there are some good Man Utd fans and some good Arsenal fans, but whether it is the acoustics in the stadiums or what, but they just seem like really dull, non-atmospheric places to go. But a lot of their fanbase suck mostly. Liverpool fans I have a bit of a soft spot for. They're wicked cool.

The teams that have "lost their passion", well I can't say I ever saw their fans being particularly passionate ever.
    I also have a slight soft spot for the scousers, don't know why.

I think a good example of losing passion is the Mackems they seem a lot quieter this year.

Good post, I agree with the few fans of the big 4 who are genuine fans.

ReputationRep:
    4-2 the run goes on, 2 points clear with a game in hand

ReputationRep:
    Peter Taylor will get Wycombe into the championship. a top manager that started the ball rolling for hull city

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCasual)
    Peter Taylor will get Wycombe into the championship. a top manager that started the ball rolling for hull city
    Wymcobe in the prem? :eek:

That would be pretty cool actually.

The more "small teams"(e.g. Hull and Stoke to some extent) that get into the prem, the more competitive it will be.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wycome won again tonight 2-0 against Notts County.

ReputationRep:
    if we keep our current squadd, there's no question that we'll go up.

could be a struggle to keep ho;d of some players come january

ReputationRep:
    Taylor got Manager of month and we still won

All aboard the galactica juggernaut to Aldershot to pick up 3 more points!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by chairboy1)
    Taylor got Manager of month and we still won

All aboard the galactica juggernaut to Aldershot to pick up 3 more points!
    Oh dear looks like the unbeaten record has gone

ReputationRep:
    the unbeaten record may have gone (to a very good aldershot side), but with that 1-0 awat at shrews the Blues are 9 points clear at the top of the (tinpot) league :party:

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.