Turn on thread page Beta

If you are ill at school... watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: If you are ill at school and need to go home...
    I speak with the nurse and she decides.
    3.80%
    I speak with the nurse and she rings parents.
    12.66%
    I speak with HOY, and sign out. Call parents.
    7.59%
    Call parents, sign self out, notify head of year.
    25.32%
    Other
    50.63%

ReputationRep:
    Supposed to sign out but most people just leave school. No one seems to care

ReputationRep:
    sign out, go home.

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a procedure or somewhere we have to sign, but I'm not sure. Tbh I'd probably just go home. No one cares if we miss lessons unless we get under a certain % attendance anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I just leave.
    If I can be bothered, I'll go to EMA to fill out a form.
    Or I'll just ring them up on the bus.
    Or email the absence line when I'm back at home ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Just go home.

ReputationRep:
    Just go home.

ReputationRep:
    Most people just go straight home.

ReputationRep:
    tell teacher teaching current lesson, then go and sign out and go home. (call parents if need to be picked up, but i could just walk home).
    if i a free, just sign out and go home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9ruby)
    * note the situation:

Its lunch. You have lessons next. You have the runs, keep getting extremely hot/cold, shivering, coughing, sneezing and sore throat. Your limbs ache. You think you need to go home. What do you do?
    I go home and the procedure is; sign out, reason; illness

Tell who ever is in the sixth form office and then sign out.

If I am too ill to walk home then they call me a cab

ReputationRep:
    if someone is ill in r college class, wel ask if wer allowed, its gota be quite srious though, otherwise we gota stik it out.

otherwise cause for concern for pee'in off home.

ReputationRep:
    Just go home. That's what i do when i'm ill.

(Btw, when i say "home", i mean "loiter around in Hayes". And when i say "ill", i mean "can't be bothered". )

ReputationRep:
    Back in the day from Year 7 onwards we had to go to Sister...didn't really like her...at Sixth Form I'd only go to Matron if I needed some tablets or girls' stuff! If I felt ill (or wanted to skip games) I'd just call my mum to pick me up and go and tell my form teacher I was going, or tell one of my mates to let whoever know. My form teacher was awesome, all I had to do was look a bit sad and say I felt ill and he'd be like, 'OK, take care!', no questions asked!

ReputationRep:
    Go to the school nurse and she rings up your parent(s) to collect you.. well that's what happened when I was in yr 11.. I haven't been ill at school in sixthform so I don't know if it's any different..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    go to reception,
    fill out a form with out name, tutor group and why your going home.
    then go home..

no need to tell anyone a thing. no one checks up so it's all good =)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Just go home and then email the teachers whose lessons you missed when you get home.

ReputationRep:
    Go to reception, tell receptionist (we don't have a school nurse) and in lower years she decided if you went to medical room or went home. Not sure what procedure is now though TBH.

ReputationRep:
    i just sign out and leave.then the next day i bring a note (written and signed by myself-pretending its from my mum) saying i was ill. no one says anything really.

ReputationRep:
    Procedure at my school (bearing in mind we don't have a nurse): Go to the office and they put you in the sick room and call you parents.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if I think they'll let me home or not. I've only gone home ill from college once, and when I went the nurse and said I'd been sick, she really looked like she didn't believe me. She then rang up my dad, which I thought was a bit weird considering I'm not exactly 12 anymore, but I suppose this could be asking him to pick me up, or seeing if I was ill this morning [so in a way 'checking up' on me], and then I had to go to all of my teachers I had for the rest of the day and ask if I needed to do any work. But I get EMA, so if I didn't I would just go straight home, oh and if I do want my EMA I have to attend a full lesson in that day before I get sent home. Actually, reading back, that's alot of fuss to go home just cause I felt ill :eek:

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.