Dentistry @ Newcastle 2009 entry Watch

yosrush
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dang... I spent a small fortune on a couple of suits for the interviews. Seem quite decent that they don't ask you dental questions. I think dundee do the same - they just want to know that you aren't complete nutters and are the person you say you are in your PS.

From what i've heard however, Glasgow have none of it; you need to know about dental prcedures, how the NHS is structured, etc.
tess_ncl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yosrush)
Dang... I spent a small fortune on a couple of suits for the interviews. Seem quite decent that they don't ask you dental questions. I think dundee do the same - they just want to know that you aren't complete nutters and are the person you say you are in your PS.

From what i've heard however, Glasgow have none of it; you need to know about dental prcedures, how the NHS is structured, etc.
Yes your right.

If your applying to Glasgow I would strongly advise you know about the three top dental diseases and what they look like. Also NHS contract, structure of NHS dentistry, what common fillings are and also what some common procedures are such as Root Canal Treatment.
In particular a few friends of mine were asked about top 3 dental diseases, this is because of the very poor dental health in Scotland. If your applying in Scotland, they expect you to have done your reasearch about dentistry in scotland as it is a big problem and ou may even be asked how you would improve it (also a common question). If you search via bbc news health you will find many resources for background reading.
dentistryyy
Report 10 years ago
anyone had an interview at glasgow yet? mines on wednesday !!!!
blackburnie
Report 9 years ago
interview rearrange to 15th january (the day after dundee!!)... anyone else!?
Biggillystyle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Got an interview on January 21st Totally chuffed!!
ILOVECHEESE1991
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
WELL DONE BIGGILLYSTYLE!!!

can i just ask are you a grad applicant or are you just pretty amazin to have an unconditional for dentistry from QMUL!!?!?!!!

soo jealous (even tho i didnt apply there!!)

btw, are newcastle still gonna be interviewing. i really want an interview from there!!

good luck !
Biggillystyle
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Its queens in belfast! I have the grades from last year (im takin a gap year) and they dont interview so i got an unconditional. Yeah newcastle still interview right the way through to march! so dont worry i wasnt even expecting that interview untill way after christmas cos i thought they would have stopped giving out stuff until the new year. But yeah, be patient and you will be grand!
azzamax
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got an offer for newcastle on the 16th dec...my interview was on the 12th!

Conditional A- Higher Biology
A- Adv Higher Chem
Becca:)
Report 9 years ago
A2: AAAA in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English
I applied last year for deferred, so am going this year but did my interview last January. They asked me mostly about work experience and what I found interesting about it..i'd only done a week at this point. I was really nervous so slipped up quite a lot but I would advise you to just be friendly because they're assessing your people skills . Shake their hands! They told me they liked a firm handshake .
Good luck!
genius1
Report 9 years ago
i have a newcastle interview coming up. wot questions do they ask? and wot do u say about the differences between private and nhs dentistry?
discombobulated^^
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
woah... i love this thread wooo finally i have a newcastle interview for the 26th of march... hopefully it will result in an offer hihihi i love newcastle^^
tess_ncl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by discombobulated^^)
woah... i love this thread wooo finally i have a newcastle interview for the 26th of march... hopefully it will result in an offer hihihi i love newcastle^^
i have never heard someone from sunderland say they love newcastle before! lol
discombobulated^^
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tess_ncl)
i have never heard someone from sunderland say they love newcastle before! lol
well i do actually love newcastle:P it's a lot more sophisticated than sunderland lol! what's with the "ncl" does that mean you're a student at newcastle already or you got an offer there?
xoxox
tess_ncl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well i do actually love newcastle:P it's a lot more sophisticated than sunderland lol! what's with the "ncl" does that mean you're a student at newcastle already or you got an offer there?
xoxox
Hello!

I have an offer for Dentistry :woo: (subject to 2.1 in Biomed) and I'm also a local geordie lass! :p:

Do you have an offer? I'm soo nervous about whether I will get in or not ... I wonder if anyone knows what 'upper second' means is it just a 2.1 or an upper 2.1? I'm hoping its just 2.1 can't handle any more stress! :confused:
discombobulated^^
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello!

I have an offer for Dentistry :woo: (subject to 2.1 in Biomed) and I'm also a local geordie lass! :p:

Do you have an offer? I'm soo nervous about whether I will get in or not ... I wonder if anyone knows what 'upper second' means is it just a 2.1 or an upper 2.1? I'm hoping its just 2.1 can't handle any more stress! :confused:
Awww that's mint! I haven't got a clue about the upper 2:1 thingy either at the moment, im more confused about student finance! i started my application ages ago but i haven't heard from them since im guessing you got that NE bursary application as well? I can't wait till all this is over and finally start in september!
keep in touch and good luck with the biomed degree
xoxox
tess_ncl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Awww that's mint! I haven't got a clue about the upper 2:1 thingy either at the moment, im more confused about student finance! i started my application ages ago but i haven't heard from them since im guessing you got that NE bursary application as well? I can't wait till all this is over and finally start in september!
keep in touch and good luck with the biomed degree
xoxox
No doubt we'll meet in freshers week! Can't wait to start too!:woo:
I have not got anything about finance yet but just got something about blood screening .... the nearest hospital that does it is in Washington, it's a bit strange they dont have one actually in newcastle?!
I also got the accomdation brochure thing, but im living at home to save money so won't be applying to that either ....
Have you had your hep B vaccination?
I think I should probably apply for my finance now as well .... i completely forgot about that! How did you apply? I might do it online I'm not sure where to get the paper form from ... anyway ... this will be my second student loan ... not looking forward to paying it back!
See you in sept! :woo:
discombobulated^^
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No doubt we'll meet in freshers week! Can't wait to start too!:woo:
I have not got anything about finance yet but just got something about blood screening .... the nearest hospital that does it is in Washington, it's a bit strange they dont have one actually in newcastle?!
I also got the accomdation brochure thing, but im living at home to save money so won't be applying to that either ....
Have you had your hep B vaccination?
I think I should probably apply for my finance now as well .... i completely forgot about that! How did you apply? I might do it online I'm not sure where to get the paper form from ... anyway ... this will be my second student loan ... not looking forward to paying it back!
See you in sept! :woo:
i just typed in student finance on google and it's on the direct.gov website lol! you could download the form or just do everything online then send some "evidence". i have no idea what's happening to my application! it's all so confusing! i think the deadline was sometimes in may so your student loan might be a little late! yes im staying at home too i already did my Hep B vaccination! this whole blood screeningn thingy is a bit strange! why couldn't they just ask our GP to do it? meh!
yay freshers week^^
Bassist Jonathan
Report 9 years ago
Hey Im going to Newcaslte too, yeah you can just apply for finance online and they send you a letter saying what your entitled too and you send the letter back agreeing to the terms.

The hep B thing take the biscuit mind, I had to get two blood tests before (she messed up one of them) then Ive just had my third injection;

Now I need to give my doctor a blood test, and go to this place in washington to give a blood test, and Im wondering whether the uni will want another blood test to prove immunity. AND if my blood test shows im not immuned then il need another hep B followed by another blood test lol!

Although I suppose the theory is that you cant sympathise to your patients that it wont hurt if youve never had loads of injections yourself.
tess_ncl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've been to the washington thing .... was ok and didn't take very long as its a private hospital. There are a lot of blood tests and so on ... I just can't wait to recieve my letter from newcastle uni saying im in! I got my results on 1st July!
discombobulated^^
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bassist Jonathan)
Hey Im going to Newcaslte too, yeah you can just apply for finance online and they send you a letter saying what your entitled too and you send the letter back agreeing to the terms.

The hep B thing take the biscuit mind, I had to get two blood tests before (she messed up one of them) then Ive just had my third injection;

Now I need to give my doctor a blood test, and go to this place in washington to give a blood test, and Im wondering whether the uni will want another blood test to prove immunity. AND if my blood test shows im not immuned then il need another hep B followed by another blood test lol!

Although I suppose the theory is that you cant sympathise to your patients that it wont hurt if youve never had loads of injections yourself.
wow another mackem :woo: are you staying at home as well?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads