Clothing & Staying Warm at Oxford Watch

student0743
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I laugh too...blame American obesity! Too bad I don't know anyone at my university who deals with it so I'm not sure why the impose it on us too.
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by student0743)
Haha, yes, "rowing" (we call it Crew over here). As far as the independent study, W\we are required to take a physical education course to graduate, so I thought I'd row! It still is amusing though! And I'm hoping I won't get to much prejudice for being American...
Rowing? Unless you're competing, no-one will expect you to wear anything more fancy than normal 'sports' clothes. Just make sure you layer up a lot. If it's any help (and I'm not sure it will be, because I'm a girl and I have a pretty poor cold tolerance), if it's cold, I wear tights, socks and joggers on the bottom, and about three layers on top, along with a jacket of some description for walking back and forth to the boathouse. Hats help, too.
student0743
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
That is SO much help, you don't even know! Thank you, thank you!
thomasjtl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Rowing- running leggings and under armour are your friend. Baggy clothing will just get caught in the runners. Most rowers will be wearing college kit which is good quality but generally pretty expensive- maybe work out what your college colours are and buy to roughly match?
amar09
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow...i wish this was my biggest problem. How am i going to stay warm when I attend Oxford next year!
On a relavant note, winter in england can get very cold, so wrap up warm...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Are you chained to your phone?