Turn on thread page Beta

You can apply for a means tested bursary on degree, which is awarded on your personal circumstances. . . think its just for people with kids n stuff.

ReputationRep:
    so financially i will probably be better off doing the diploma!! and then could i do the degree afterwards couldnt i??

yip, probably. im doing midwifery. ive applied for both. wud rather do the degree tho, just gonna wait n see what i get accepted for.

ReputationRep:
    so r u at college now? i am on the AVCE Health and social care course
    whats qualifications do you have or will you have b4 you start your midwifery course?
    which uni's are u applying 2?

im doing an access courses in nursing and midwifery its the equivelant of 3 a levels but you only get a year to do them. its got the same entry requirements as nursing really. have applied to salford, bournemouth, birmingham, wolverhampton, leeds and john moores. but if i dont get in theres not many places that do midwifery diplomas. so thats why im trying for the degree but places are in high demand everywhere, only about half the people who apply for midwifery get in.

ReputationRep:
    yer a girl on my course is applying for midwifery shes phoned all the uni's to find out the intake and most of them get over 500 applications and take between 10-25 she is appying for Edge Hill, John Moores, Salford and Manchester but if she doesnt get on she is going to do adult nursing and then the shortened 18 month midwifery course. She has really good grades she has 9 GCSE's A-C and she is now doing the AVCE HSC, AS Citizenship, NCFE Counselling she has also worked at Billinge Maternity Hospital for 2 weeks and has been a birthing partner. So i think she will have a good chance of getting in I hope she does because she works really hard and she really wants it!!

sounds like she will then. i work on a maternity ward at bolton hopital but not really done anything fun tho. only jus started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donnaxx)
    thanx fionah
    im actually on my 2nd year of an AVCE Health and social care course which when ive finished will be 2 levels, and im doing AS Citizenship, NCFE Counselling certificate and re-sitting GCSE English. I would like to be a childrens nurse but have no experience of working in hospitals, although ive worked in schools and nurserys. I had the NMAS application form but you have to already have the qualifcaitons before you apply which means i will have to wait until 2005 before i could go to uni. Which means i will have a gap year and nothing to do init which i dont really want. But our college and Edge Hill do some thing were are students can apply for 2004 BUT when i went to the Edge hill open day they said Diploma course is full until 2005 and there are still places for Degree 2004. But to do the degree i think u need CC or above. I hav a C now for my first part but may not keep my mark up this year and if i dont pass English i dont know what im going to do. so i will apply for the degree and keep my fingers crossed. I know if you do a diploma you get a bursary of the NHS does any body know if this is the same for a degree
    Hey I duno if ur know this already but you can do a nursing diploma without A levels, aslong as you have 5 GCSEs A-C

ReputationRep:
    Can u help me with unit 3 plz

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.