AS levels
    Chemistry - C

A2 levels
    Music - A
    Biology - B
    Geography - B

(Original post by happysunshine)
    Can I ask what you thought of AS Maths?
    Whilst choosing my AS subjects people would always say how difficult A level maths was. Here is my take on things: Whilst it is a considerable step up from GCSE, and there's no doubt that some of the concepts are a little difficult to understand when first introduced, there is not actually THAT much to learn! For example, my P1 module consisted only of simple trigonometry, sequence and series, coordinate geometry, integration and differentiation (the first three being not much more difficult than GCSE). Furthermore, it is possible to achieve a maths a-level taking modules in Decision maths and statistics, etc, which consists of little more than simple algorithms and plugging numbers into seemingly complex equations (so I've heard). A module in mechanics can be very difficult, however, unless complimented with physics to as level. All in all, (I know it is a cliche), but maths can be a very rewarding subject, and if you have some mathematical ability then i would highly recomend it. Its the further mathematicians you want to watch out for.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Whilst choosing my AS subjects people would always say how difficult A level maths was. Here is my take on things: Whilst it is a considerable step up from GCSE, and there's no doubt that some of the concepts are a little difficult to understand when first introduced, there is not actually THAT much to learn! For example, my P1 module consisted only of simple trigonometry, sequence and series, coordinate geometry, integration and differentiation (the first three being not much more difficult than GCSE). Furthermore, it is possible to achieve a maths a-level taking modules in Decision maths and statistics, etc, which consists of little more than simple algorithms and plugging numbers into seemingly complex equations (so I've heard). A module in mechanics can be very difficult, however, unless complimented with physics to as level. All in all, (I know it is a cliche), but maths can be a very rewarding subject, and if you have some mathematical ability then i would highly recomend it. Its the further mathematicians you want to watch out for.......
    Thank you, I didn't really know exactly what you do in the subject, so now I know but I keep getting conflicted oppinions about Maths but what you've said goes on the posative side I'm guessing A-Levels/ AS-Levels are not like GCSE however is there any good books that help with the course?

(Original post by happysunshine)
    Thank you, I didn't really know exactly what you do in the subject, so now I know but I keep getting conflicted oppinions about Maths but what you've said goes on the posative side I'm guessing A-Levels/ AS-Levels are not like GCSE however is there any good books that help with the course?
    The only books that you really need are the module text books. They have loads of questions and examples, and they explain things really clearly. Mine did, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    The only books that you really need are the module text books. They have loads of questions and examples, and they explain things really clearly. Mine did, anyway.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I feel kinda dumb compared to you guys (no offence to others):

English Literature - A*
    English Language - A
    Mathematics - A
    Double Science - AA
    Geography - A
    RE - A*
    ICT - C
    GNVQ Business - BB
    Italian - A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    *ollie trying to take credit for maskall's work*

GCSE:

A* RE, French, Maths, Additional Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Latin

A English Language, English Literature, History, IT

B Polish

As

A English Language

A

A Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry

B Polish
    You got a B is GCSE Polish?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    You got a B is GCSE Polish?!?!?
    yes....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    yes....
    I thought if you'd get an A* in anything...

ReputationRep:
    I thought if you'd get an A* in anything...
    yes but generally the people doing polish gcse are, in general, polish. There's a lot of competition...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    yes but generally the people doing polish gcse are, in general, polish. There's a lot of competition...
    Well you're kind of Polish; do you not have relatives who can help?

ReputationRep:
    Well you're kind of Polish; do you not have relatives who can help?
    errrrmmm yes my parents but do i really care? a b is a b.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.