Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    no...oh no...and please dont say i would like it because i know i definately wont - the thought of even reading it disgusts me.
    I didn't say anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I didn't say anything
    lol and to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    lol and to you too!
    Okay... back to the supposed topic.

Harry Potter is Good (and I'm not saying it's good like it's a fantastic book) in the sense that it doesn't really harm kids, contrary to what the anti-HP Christians have been saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleo812)
    I believe that the Harry Potter Series is one of the works that I have personally ever read. I am such a fan that I periodically make sreaches for new and fun web sites. During many of my searches I have found sites by Christians stating that Harry Potter is evil. What is more evil, Nazi book burners ho hate the thought of children reading good books or all the books being tossed out because of a story line. The Harry Potter series is not about witch craft it's about a boy that has and continues to survive through the normal trials and tribulations of every day life. As well as a great story line that just happens to be about a magical world. If you think about it, isn't the whole god and devil thing sort of the same thing. God makes people better got Mary pregnant without sex and Jesus kept coming back to life? Now I am not trying to say Christians are bad just maybe, a little mis-guided about Harry Potter.

The fact of the matter is, harry potter is very morally ambiguous, as he is constantly breaking various rules and getting into trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleo812)
    I believe that the Harry Potter Series is one of the works that I have personally ever read. I am such a fan that I periodically make sreaches for new and fun web sites. During many of my searches I have found sites by Christians stating that Harry Potter is evil. What is more evil, Nazi book burners ho hate the thought of children reading good books or all the books being tossed out because of a story line. The Harry Potter series is not about witch craft it's about a boy that has and continues to survive through the normal trials and tribulations of every day life. As well as a great story line that just happens to be about a magical world. If you think about it, isn't the whole god and devil thing sort of the same thing. God makes people better got Mary pregnant without sex and Jesus kept coming back to life? Now I am not trying to say Christians are bad just maybe, a little mis-guided about Harry Potter.
    kinda late joinin this thread, but im a christian and dont see y harry potter is so evil

He's jst a fictional character, no harm there

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.