Turn on thread page Beta

come on then... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Exactly...I mean you have a better reputation than any other member!
    Yes, somehow katy has gained 5 gems. You are very popular!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    No, the thread is still there.
    I swear it vanished for a minute or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    it probably does as i mod the thread..because i have the option of deleteing it on my screen.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    When the *new* offending posts were deleted, it went down the page, as nothing had therefore been posted for a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    an overlord in training and an adoured and respected member?!?

love Katy ***
    Well they still have no say about how the forum is run, only one person has that...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, somehow katy has gained 5 gems. You are very popular!

and i got them through being nice.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:

and i got them through being nice.

love Katy ***
    It will probably be five soon, how many points do you have?

ReputationRep:
    well, id say that if people are suggesting a vote of no confidence in me, then thats them saying im a bad mod.

see thread: .....clever people....

love Katy ***
    DONT TELL ME you actaully thought we meant it! lol!

ReputationRep:
    It will probably be five soon, how many points do you have?

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    DONT TELL ME you actaully thought we meant it! lol!
    why wouldnt i?

i dont say things i dont mean on the internet...so i assume others dont either.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    why wouldnt i?

i dont say things i dont mean on the internet...so i assume others dont either.

love Katy ***
    If you look closely at that thread, you will find that I never said that about you, I joked.

Katy you seriously to need to be not so serious.

*Me thinks Maskall may be Katy's alter ego*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Katy you seriously to need to be not so serious.
    ok ill try!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    ok ill try!

love Katy ***
    In fairness Katy I think only one person on that thread was being serious, and that was the person who suggested it in the first place - DanMushMan.

I responded to this suggestion not too keenly to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you see who that maskalls ISP is from is IP address? If so, why dont you report him to them. Im sure if you pass the IP address along with a date and time along to the ISP, they would be able to look up which of their customers were using that address. That should make him think twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Can't you see who that maskalls ISP is from is IP address? If so, why dont you report him to them. Im sure if you pass the IP address along with a date and time along to the ISP, they would be able to look up which of their customers were using that address. That should make him think twice.
    The ISP in question was contacted by me (and I believe edders also sent a message) right back when this whole maskall thing kicked off, but as yet there has been no response from the ISP in question more than an automated confirmation of message receipt.

Also, this whole thing could be resolved very quickly if only we were able to ban IPs. Even if he is on an ISP which allocates dynamic IPs, they are very commonly allocated on some regional basis, so he would most probably always have at least the same first three IP blocks each time. If necessary a blanket ban on those three blocks could be made (the risk that the other 255 people with IPs which match maskall's in the first three blocks visit UKL is rather low to say the least). Unfortunately as everyone knows moderators don't have access to this facility. I've contacted d regarding perhaps making someone else an admin so that they have this ability, but as yet he's not responded (I guess he must be very busy at the moment as he's not been around for a while).

On another note, why does every other post have to be one regarding maskall (not including his own spam) and/or the moderators? This is not a forum dedicated to the lives of its moderators, but one dedicated to UK education matters; the moderators should be there merely to work in the background and ensure in as far as possible that the forum is able to function as intended. The moderators are not here to be the centre of discussion for what seems like every other thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    On another note, why does every other post have to be one regarding maskall (not including his own spam) and/or the moderators? This is not a forum dedicated to the lives of its moderators, but one dedicated to UK education matters; the moderators should be there merely to work in the background and ensure in as far as possible that the forum is able to function as intended. The moderators are not here to be the centre of discussion for what seems like every other thread.
    Got to say I agree with that, prehaps if all the fuss died down and everyone ignored him, he would soon get bored.

Thanks for the explanation.

NTL's Terms of Service

Your use of this website will be governed by the terms and conditions set out below. Please read them carefully. Additional terms and conditions will apply to specific goods and services which you may obtain from ntl, either through this website or otherwise.

Nothing on this site shall be deemed to be an offer by ntl to provide any goods or services to you. A contract for the provision of such goods or services shall be formed only when you have placed an order, accepted ntl’s terms and conditions for the provision of such goods or services and ntl has confirmed its acceptance of your order in writing.

You may not download any information or material contained upon this website without ntl’s express permission in writing.

Although ntl has made reasonable endeavours to ensure that information contained on this site is correct, it is possible the information may be incomplete, contain errors or be out of date. You should verify any information obtained from this site before acting upon it.

This site may contain links to third party sites. These sites are beyond the control of ntl and ntl accepts no responsibility for their content.

Except as stated herein, all warranties, terms and conditions, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise relating to information and material on this site or sites accessed through this site are excluded to the extent permitted by law. Additional warranties may be given in relation to specific goods and services which you may obtain from ntl. Any such warranties will be set out in ntl’s terms and conditions relating to the provision of such goods or services.

ntl will not, and its suppliers and licensors will not, be liable whether in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss or damage which:

(i) arises other than through ntl’s negligence or the negligence of its employees agents or contractors; or

(ii) is not a reasonably foreseeable consequence of ntl’s negligence; or

(iii) is any business loss including loss of revenue or profits or anticipated savings or wasted expense or data being lost or harmed or for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind arising from access to or any use of the information and material contained on this site or any site you may access through this site.

ntl does not restrict or exclude its liability for:

(i) personal injury or death directly caused by ntl or its employees whilst acting in the course of their employment with ntl or for fraud;

(ii) physical damage to your personal property up to £100,000 due to any one event or series of connected events where such damage is due to our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or contractors acting in the course of their employment with ntl;

(iii) any of ntl’s liabilities which cannot by law be excluded or restricted.

Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the provision of any goods or services by ntl, which will be set out in ntl’s terms and conditions relating to the provision of such goods or services.

The laws of England shall apply to these Terms of Use. Any disputes arising out of these Terms of Use shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.

This site is created and controlled by ntl Group Limited in England on behalf of itself and other group companies.

The Laws of England

Computer Misuse Act 1990

The Computer Misuse Act 1990 - remains the primary piece of UK legislation regarding the misuse of computer systems. Section 1 (1) of the Act makes unauthorised access (hacking) an offence, and Section 1 (2) states that there need be no intention to cause harm. Sections 2 and 3 contain the more serious offences. Section 2 applies to unauthorised access with intent to commit or aid the commission of an offence and Section 3 concerns the unauthorised modification of the contents of any computer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    NTL's Terms of Service

Your use of this website will be governed by the terms and conditions set out below. Please read them carefully. Additional terms and conditions will apply to specific goods and services which you may obtain from ntl, either through this website or otherwise......blah blah blah....
    Have I missed something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Have I missed something?
    maskall's ip is from NTL Broadband (use http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm). maybe that has something to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    The ISP in question...
    i agree completely with your post rich

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.