Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Hey no way does that sound sad! I remember coming out of shrek, boy I couldn't stop smiling and feeling fuzzy inside after that movie for hours Disney films cature both humour and morals in a delightfully colourful way They rule!
    Classic mistake - Shrek isn't a Disney film. It's produced by Dreamworks SKG. Other good (non Disney) animations are Spirit: Stallion of the cimmairon and the Road to El Dorodo (I'm told, I haven't seen the later).

ReputationRep:
    it was ok, would have been better if it was a bit less of a kids film, and had less of the moral tales that they love.

walt disney, adolfs friend

ReputationRep:
    Tbh dont like disney films, but that did look quite good.

Has Any1 seen KillBill now thats a Film?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Classic mistake - Shrek isn't a Disney film. It's produced by Dreamworks SKG. Other good (non Disney) animations are Spirit: Stallion of the cimmairon and the Road to El Dorodo (I'm told, I haven't seen the later).
    Fern Gully and Anastasia are great non Disney films as well - possibly because they're so easy to mistake for Disney films!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Classic mistake - Shrek isn't a Disney film. It's produced by Dreamworks SKG.
    Yeah, apparently the head of the evil king guy in Shrek is modelled after the image of Disney's director or something.

Haven't seen Finding Nemo, heard it was good though...Will probably wait and rent it out rather than go and watch it in the cinema.

(Original post by Egan1)
    Yeah, apparently the head of the evil king guy in Shrek is modelled after the image of Disney's director or something.

Haven't seen Finding Nemo, heard it was good though...Will probably wait and rent it out rather than go and watch it in the cinema.
    haha!! yeh I heard dreamworks were major rivals of disney. they made shrek as a spoof of all disney cliched flims and it worked out excellently. ingenious film. on of the good ones.

re finding nemo.... i'd say 'eh' . it was alright but not up to usual standards - bit too kiddy. altho there were some really cute bits too
    eg accidental inking & clean crab

haha!! yeh I heard dreamworks were major rivals of disney. they made shrek as a spoof of all disney cliched flims and it worked out excellently. ingenious film. on of the good ones.

re finding nemo.... i'd say 'eh' . it was alright but not up to usual standards - bit too kiddy. altho there were some really cute bits too
    eg accidental inking & clean crab
    Is ToyStory dreamworks or Disney? I like the dreamworks sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    Is ToyStory dreamworks or Disney? I like the dreamworks sense of humour.
    Toy story is Disney - But it was done in combination with Pixar as were some of their other computer animations such as A Bugs Life and Monsters Inc.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by loftx)
    And Ice Age - love that film

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.