Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevie G)
    Thanks, lou, I hadn't really given my degree much thought at all really, just do my AS' first, then start thinking about universities at A2.

You say you wanted to become an actuary for ages. Have you changed your mind or do you still want to do it?
    I'm not sure anymore- i keeping the option open with maths as part as the uni course i want to do. I just realised there are so many options open with maths + it's so competitive + i really love psychology. My ideal job would be a kind of acturial job that takes human factors into account- maybe something to do with health + safety or insurance. If it's any help i chose my ASs with actuarial stuff in mind + i did math, psychology, philosophy + economics (i dropped economics).

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i want to do a maths(+year in france) degree too by the way; i just like maths - but im not at all sure what i want to do when i finish up.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to be certain about taking an actuarial or maths degree, does anybody know whether taking economics would be a good option as well?
    Also if i did this, would it be a good idea to take further maths (AS level) in my second year?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.