Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone who has got the Cambridge interview date, who hasn't? watch

ReputationRep:
    ive got int at cam on 10/11th dec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    ive got int at cam on 10/11th dec
    Well done to everyone how has got interviews and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I can see Adhsur hasn't replied but anyway she has her date

ReputationRep:
    Another question: with the postal strike going on, would you say it's wise to send the questionnaires etc. by mail? Or d'you think I should call the college and ask about an alternate way of doing it?

ReputationRep:
    i thought you got told bout interview 2 wks b4 2 so that means we shud b told by the 24th november, so weve still got a good couple of wks 2 go!

ReputationRep:
    I have my Cambridge interview on the 11th of December. The general academic one is with a person whose name I can't even pronounce.

They've been very prompt getting all the letters sent out to me. All I need to do now is sit back and figure out a way to stop crapping myself.

a.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    I can see Adhsur hasn't replied but anyway she has her date
    Oh oopsies! I didn't notice this thread.

Yes I have two cambridge interviews for philosophy at Clare college on the morning of the 12th December. And in the evening of the day earlier, a written test. *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allotriophagy)
    I have my Cambridge interview on the 11th of December. The general academic one is with a person whose name I can't even pronounce.

They've been very prompt getting all the letters sent out to me. All I need to do now is sit back and figure out a way to stop crapping myself.

a.
    which collge is this for? i havn't heard anything yet, but i have only just sent off the written wk!

ReputationRep:

a.
    Maybe some of us who have interviews on the same day and whose colleges are the same/close, should meet up for moral support!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on 15th,16th or 17th of december but it hasnt yet been finalised.

a.
    Cambridge ARE very efficient in dealing with applications process. They have had 700+ years to perfect their procedures!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat)
    which collge is this for? i havn't heard anything yet, but i have only just sent off the written wk!
    St.John's. Different colleges have different procedures for different courses - I don't have to submit any written work.

(Original post by Adhsur)
    Maybe some of us who have interviews on the same day and whose colleges are the same/close, should meet up for moral support!
    That's a good idea - I could do with the support, to be honest. Wonder how many people there are...I feel a new thread coming on.

a.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Definitely

ReputationRep:
    I've yet to hear back from Trinity Hall about my interview. Other people that have applied to cambridge also haven't heard anything yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered11)
    Cambridge ARE very efficient in dealing with applications process. They have had 700+ years to perfect their procedures!
    But there's no way to perfect an applications procedure which has selection still largely based around one or two interviews and sometimes a short test... They can not be sure of picking the very best candidates and giving offers to only the people that deserve them.

(Original post by theone)
    But there's no way to perfect an applications procedure which has selection still largely based around one or two interviews and sometimes a short test... They can not be sure of picking the very best candidates and giving offers to only the people that deserve them.
    I was referring to administrative procedures only and the streamlining thereof. I did not voice any opinion on selection, that's another matter and maybe deserves a thread of it's own - if it hasn't been done before, which I'm sure it will have!

ReputationRep:
    That's a good idea - I could do with the support, to be honest. Wonder how many people there are...I feel a new thread coming on.
    Yeah, the mods should make a sticky thread for it!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am an overseas student who has applied to cambridge. I don't have interview dates yet. Need to make my ticket to england if I'm called for interview. Do u think they will give me at least two weeks notice--especially as an overseas student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saphenous)
    Hi,
    I am an overseas student who has applied to cambridge. I don't have interview dates yet. Need to make my ticket to england if I'm called for interview. Do u think they will give me at least two weeks notice--especially as an overseas student?
    You could well be interviewed by someone in your own country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saphenous)
    Hi,

where are you now? Some countries have Cambridge interview office in the capital cities.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2003
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.