Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Iluvatar)
    Ram is dirt cheap, so its more important to consider the performance of both.
    But i'd always suggest using athlon processors if you get the chance. They are alot better quality than pentiums, and do actually work to the spec's they give out.

My brothers got an Athln PC and yes it does seem to perform well, but i've heard they are more unstable than pentium chips.

DDR, SD RAM etc is dirt cheap but RD RAM is horribly expensive annoyingly. I wish I had gotten a DDR pc gah. My PC came with 128mb and I bought another 256mb (can't remeber how much but I think it was about £90 or something) so I wouldn't want to see it go to waste. I would like to use it if I upgrade if possible instead of shelling out for more ram. Gah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GTA)
    My brothers got an Athln PC and yes it does seem to perform well, but i've heard they are more unstable than pentium chips.

DDR, SD RAM etc is dirt cheap but RD RAM is horribly expensive annoyingly. I wish I had gotten a DDR pc gah. My PC came with 128mb and I bought another 256mb (can't remeber how much but I think it was about £90 or something) so I wouldn't want to see it go to waste. I would like to use it if I upgrade if possible instead of shelling out for more ram. Gah
    No, if anything they are more stable.
    Well from my, and people i know's experience anyway.
    You could probably sell on the ram, and still get enough to buy the same amount of DDR or SD RAM

ReputationRep:
    the next one is in 2005 apparently

ive got plenty of play still with the other 2 due to modding!

i run a 2800+ athlon and it runs gta like a dream

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.