Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmjessop)
    I got an average of 74.8%, including 85% in Mathematical Economics which was such a hard exam! I'm happy :woo:
    Wow! Well done! :congrats:

I only managed 50% in Mathematical Economics last year!!!

ReputationRep:
    I did get my G11ACF result - 82% for the onscreen computer test.Not worth a lot though alas , only 5% of 20 credits but fairly pleased.The problem with my login is being looked into by the school's IT officer Janet so all should hopefully be working properly soon.

Got my From Newton to Einstein Physics mock exam back - got 80% despite only scoring 10 out of 25 for one of the questions - quite pleased with that indeed

Congratulations to all you Economists by the way with the results.

ReputationRep:
    Got my results today too for my MA. I did fairly well, not brilliantly. I'm feeling pretty hopeful though because there's loads of stuff I can learn from my essays for next time, and these marks are less than a third of my course

ReputationRep:
    I got an average of 74.8%, including 85% in Mathematical Economics which was such a hard exam! I'm happy :woo:
    Nice!

I got an average of 69.7% which luckily enough rounds up to a first! No way did I expect that. To be fair my QE1 mark (82%) brought the average right up. I got a first in Micro and the other three were 2:1s.

Chuffed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markdr)
    Nice!

I got an average of 69.7% which luckily enough rounds up to a first! No way did I expect that. To be fair my QE1 mark (82%) brought the average right up. I got a first in Micro and the other three were 2:1s.

Chuffed.
    Well done! Which other modules did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Feeling pipped to the post a little by hmjessop's 74.8 with my 74.2 average...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philjw)
    Feeling pipped to the post a little by hmjessop's 74.8 with my 74.2 average...
    It's only 0.6 off and it's still amazing!

ReputationRep:
    It's only 0.6 off and it's still amazing!
    Yeah, I jest a little. I'm pretty pleased with a first!

ReputationRep:
    Well done! Which other modules did you do?
    You too - fantastic results!
    What I did was fairly standard, Introduction to Micro, QE 1, International Economics I, European Economic Integration I and subsidiary module in French level 2. I was convinced I'd failed French and that it would bring my average down but I actually did quite well in it.

Just been looking at the breakdowns and for section A of International I got all of the marks on the paper, ie 100/100, but for the section they've only given me 80 (the idea that you shouldn't be able to get more than 80%?). Bit unusual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markdr)
    You too - fantastic results!
    What I did was fairly standard, Introduction to Micro, QE 1, International Economics I, European Economic Integration I and subsidiary module in French level 2. I was convinced I'd failed French and that it would bring my average down but I actually did quite well in it.

Just been looking at the breakdowns and for section A of International I got all of the marks on the paper, ie 100/100, but for the section they've only given me 80 (the idea that you shouldn't be able to get more than 80%?). Bit unusual.
    Wow! You got full marks?

Well I got 85 in Mathematical Economics but maybe that's because it's maths, not essay based.

You could email your tutor and ask,

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, your raw mark is often scaled down to leave 80% or 85% as the top mark, depending on the department. Humanities typically mark only up to 85%, with anything over 80% having to be almost publishable standard. The idea of not going to 100% is that any essay can always be improved, and the non-essay elements (language tests, short answer questions etc) need to fit the overall scheme of 70% - first, 60% 2:1 etc

ReputationRep:
    And that is one of the many reason you should study maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creole)
    And that is one of the many reason you should study maths.
    That, and employability.

ReputationRep:
    I got an average of 71% with 68% in one paper and 74% in the other, so i'm very pleased :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessiainscough)
    I got an average of 71% with 68% in one paper and 74% in the other, so i'm very pleased :-)
    You only had two exams?! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Same here , one of them was a mock exam and the other was worth 5% of a 20 credit module so I guess I got lucky this time.June will be quite interesting however

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conroe-killed-the-k8-star)
    Same here , one of them was a mock exam and the other was worth 5% of a 20 credit module so I guess I got lucky this time.June will be quite interesting however
    :huff:

I've got another 5 more exams waiting for me in May...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Yeah, but i'll have a lot more in May!

ReputationRep:
    Wow! You got full marks?

Well I got 85 in Mathematical Economics but maybe that's because it's maths, not essay based.

You could email your tutor and ask,
    On section A of the International paper yeah, I did pretty badly on section B though bringing the average down. :p: Yeah I got 83 on QE as well so that's why I was wondering about the 80% thing. I guess you're right, with maths it's either wrong or right so they can't stop 100% being possible (the highest mark for QE this year was 90 though).

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how to get my results for common law, I do economics and with my other modules i clicked a link of the eco home page but there doesnt seem to be one on the law page! Can anyone help me out!?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 9, 2009
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.