Turn on thread page Beta

Do you hate hippies? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you hate hippies?
    Yes
    34.12%
    No
    65.88%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrotoxism)

Cartman speaks the truth.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    That picture basically sums up hippies.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Hippies and Communists and my two most disliked strain of people
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by ExNihilo)
    That something is.. hmm, the best I can describe it is they don't even know what they stand for and all follow a certain set of 'rules' to be a hippie, which mostly includes wearing peace symbols, smoking weed/getting 'new perspectives' on life by snorting the latest hip drug, etc.

It's just all so artificial and meaningless. If you actually care about peace, throw away the £3 guitar you bought at a pawn shop, and join a non profit organisation or the like.
    under those terms, chavs are hippies too.. although i do hate them...

and yes, they tend to disagree with alot of things, but thats no-reason to hate them.

religious people disagree with me, but i dont hate them, i leave them to it, so long as they arent calling me a heathen or what not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teashoci)
    I hate hippies and their admirers. we are talking about a group of utter morons who are an insult to civilisation and society. These are people that were preoccupied with themselves and were utterly selfish.

Can you imagine us all turning into hippies. science, technology, philosophy, economics, politics, engineering etc would all cease. We would deevlove back into the stone age.

Personally I admire the police that were cracking long haired, unwashed hippy skulls with their batons.
    Here here.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x74...re-hippies_fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teashoci)
    I hate hippies and their admirers. we are talking about a group of utter morons who are an insult to civilisation and society. These are people that were preoccupied with themselves and were utterly selfish.

Can you imagine us all turning into hippies. science, technology, philosophy, economics, politics, engineering etc would all cease. We would deevlove back into the stone age.

Personally I admire the police that were cracking long haired, unwashed hippy skulls with their batons.
    Sheesh...a tad angry aren't you?! :eyeball:

Maybe take some advice from said "morons" :mad: and relax!!!! :awesome:

Peace out :hippie:

ReputationRep:
    your not a hippie, because hippie culture died decades ago. Infact the whole hippy phase lasted only a couple of years

ReputationRep:
    Just feel the love, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

ReputationRep:
    Nahh I was gonna do that Stonehenge thing, they're hippies right?

I don't know enough about them really, I've seen a few clips on Top Of The Pops and really liked the 'vibe', if you will.

Bloody HATE Lennon though.

ReputationRep:
    They are hot.

I don't hate them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Nahh I was gonna do that Stonehenge thing, they're hippies right?

I don't know enough about them really, I've seen a few clips on Top Of The Pops and really liked the 'vibe', if you will.

Bloody HATE Lennon though.
    :lolwut: Say what?! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I hate john lennon aswell, the best hit he had was the cold pavement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    No but i hate hippos

Especially hungry hippos

:eek:
    I love that game!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because what they believe in is wrong AND they don’t even act upon said wrong beliefs and just moan allot. They very, very rarely have a grip on reality.

Hippy converting to a normal person in a sentence: "I used to think the Army was evil and we didn’t need them, but then I saw what happened to Tibet...."

ReputationRep:
    :confused: Erm, no....

ReputationRep:
    No I don't hate them. As long people don't try and enforce their views/lifestyle onto others and don't harm anyone/anything then who cares. This applies to anyone, not just hippies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nynyflower)
    Why hate a group of people when you don't know the people in an individual way?
    My thoughts exactly.

However I do get annoyed by the general ideas they possess, their hatred of war at any cost, their short sightedness etc.

ReputationRep:
    How can you hate someone that hates noone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash Rox Rocks)
    How can you hate someone that hates noone?
    try conformists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrotoxism)

Cartman speaks the truth.
    Beat me to it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2009
Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.