part-time job and also being a student at Manchester? give examples Watch

nick90
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by giorgio1712)
I work at Old Trafford (thats Man Utd's football ground if you didnt know) for 5.73 an hour which is a bit rubbish but hey it pays off the overdraft.

Im a waiter in one of the posh lounges wher epeople have meals before the game and go to the bar.

Average shift is around 7 hours, bus straight form city centre there and back. Also you can work as much or as little as you want. They text you for every home game and you reply yes or no, and if u want more woek there are events going on throughout the week like conferences etc that they ned staff for.

I have about 7 hours lectures etc a week but this jib doesnt conflict as the matches are evenings and weekends.
thx,indeed 5,78 is quite low,but if the program is so flexible it's ok
good luck
fantasystar38
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
£5.73 is plenty, i doubt you'll find yourself earning more than that in most places.
nick90
Rep:
?
(Original post by fantasystar38)
£5.73 is plenty, i doubt you'll find yourself earning more than that in most places.
you're probably right...it'll definitely cover my oak house rent if so :d
L27
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm at Uni of Manchester & I work Friday & Saturday nights, approx 16hrs a week in a bar and it definitely doesn't interfere with my uni work. Pay is going up to £6/hr as of April as well, so not bad for a part time job... also, I absolutely love it.
nick90
Rep:
?
(Original post by L27)
I'm at Uni of Manchester & I work Friday & Saturday nights, approx 16hrs a week in a bar and it definitely doesn't interfere with my uni work. Pay is going up to £6/hr as of April as well, so not bad for a part time job... also, I absolutely love it.
wow pretty good job,working only fridays and saturdays
izpig25
Report 9 years ago
does anyone work in retail?specificaly fashion?im just intrestedas i want to get a job next year
beccy.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i work in retail but not fashion. just do saturdays at o2, 8hrs on £6.54 and it doesnt interfere with my studies much
theres a new topman opening soon so there might be more fashin type jobs available there and at topshop..
Zinck
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Completely depends on the course as to whether you can afford to have a job as well.

In your first year pretty much any course bar Medicine you can balance on a job on top of it.
nick90
Rep:
?
i really need to have a job,otherwise i will not be able to pay my staying in the uk
jacy_babi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nick90)
i really need to have a job,otherwise i will not be able to pay my staying in the uk
try the jobcentre website. i always check manchester and new jobs are up every day.
nick90
Rep:
?
(Original post by jacy_babi)
try the jobcentre website. i always check manchester and new jobs are up every day.
could you give me the link ?
jacy_babi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nick90)
could you give me the link ?
http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/Inte.../initialise.do
nick90
Rep:
?
thx :*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (58)
75.32%
Leave (19)
24.68%

Watched Threads