Turn on thread page Beta

Is it acceptable for someone to be playing drum and bass at full volume at this time? watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm just unlucky, none of my other friends have this problem on such a regular basis. Anyway it appears to have ceased for the moment so I'm going to try get another 3 hours sleep, night all.

I may be back.

ReputationRep:
    I give it ten minutes, max.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueRoses)

I'm wearing earplugs (unfortunately can still hear/feel the bass) will they fall out during the night so that I'll hear my alarm?
    Awwwww I felt so bad for you after Reading that . You're best speaking to the warden about it. They won't know it was you. You aren't the only one who wants sleep! Please do sort it sooner rather than later!

ReputationRep:
    its againt the law isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j_whyte)
    Bet shes the sort of idiot who stands to the left on the escalators. Small things like that tell you a lot about someone. I admire your patience tho.
    It annoys me too, but to be fair it's not something you're used to if you're not from a city!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masderchef)
    This thread is giving me a bad impression on the halls idea. I may decide to stay at home during my studies after all. Would mean a good nights sleep and more money too!
    Not all halls are like that, mine are fine

ReputationRep:
    Did you tell her you have lectures in the morning? If she doesn't shut it after that kick the crap out of her

ReputationRep:
    I think not.

Alas my neighbour in halls disagrees. She obviously does not comprehend that not everyone has a cushy 8 hours a week, some of us have an 9am start every day.

What should I do? Wait it out, hope that she vomits over her sound system soon enough and try and get another 3 hours, or call this little number i have here that will get reception out...

I don't want to be a tittle-tattle at university though. But to be honest, nervously standing at her door and asking would she mind turning it down a wee bit has been done, and as you can tell, had no lasting effect.

Please give some guidance.
    No. Call the council's environmental health team. [EDIT] Spotted you're in halls. Contact security. You've got plausible deniability as it could have been anyone that called them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah call security. Then security will warn them or fine them, and if it happens regularly they could get kicked out of halls

ReputationRep:
    Problem is she has a few lads in there, one of whom did actually threaten me the last time I stood cowering on her doorstep in my jammies.
    Some guys are pathetic threatening a girl for that. Wow what is wrong with people.

ReputationRep:
    if it happens again, call your warden/security if its at some stupid time.

Most halls have like a... 'consideration policy' - stop all loud music at a certain time or a time agreed by all...

i would say that 3am isnt considerate in any way shape or form.

I've lived with inconsiderate people in halls, and in private accom... at least in halls you cant really do something about it!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't feel it's acceptable for someone to play drum and bass at full volume at any time, tbh. :p:

(I jest. )

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.