Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    No idea about England. Won't be playing in England anyway.
    Oooh, that's right, you're in Scotland.

Well obviously it'll be good there too. Cooler weather is always ideal for paintballing, because you get pretty freaking hot doing it. That'll definitely beat the upper 90's weather (35C?) we get at all the paintball courses around here.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutly brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    Oooh, that's right, you're in Scotland.

Well obviously it'll be good there too. Cooler weather is always ideal for paintballing, because you get pretty freaking hot doing it. That'll definitely beat the upper 90's weather (35C?) we get at all the paintball courses around here.
    lol... I'll let you off this once

So how is it in Canada? :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol... I'll let you off this once

So how is it in Canada? :p:
    Oh shut up. You know I meant Britain!

ReputationRep:
    Oh shut up. You know I meant Britain!

It's one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really like it, although maybe I just wasn't very good at it (despite being a fairly good shot, generally).

For one, the paintballs didn't hurt at all - but I suppose I was layered - and in some cases bounced off completely. By the end, I was one of those ***** that just wiped them off and continued the game, 'cause it seemed like that's what everyone else was doing.

It was ******* baltic weather, all quite muddy, ended up crawling about in bushes and the like. Not really my scene.

ReputationRep:
    Really fun but the bruises are a ***** if you get hit badly. But its really fun I want to go now!

ReputationRep:
    Paintballing is so expensive in the UK. You may as well run around a field throwing pound coins at each other.

Grats on the voucher though.

ReputationRep:
    Nice - it should be quite easy to get a crowd together with that voucher and have a fun time.

Be warned though - you will get stung on the price of paintballs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Paintballing is so expensive in the UK. You may as well run around a field throwing pound coins at each other.

Grats on the voucher though.
    Get your own gear, and the cost goes way down!

ReputationRep:
    Get your own gear, and the cost goes way down!
    I did. Left it all back in the US when I moved home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    I did. Left it all back in the US when I moved home.
    Why'd you do that? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    Take me with you!!

Paintballing is awesome. First time you play you'll probably hold back for a bit, but once you've been shot once or twice the adrenalin kicks in and you just go mad and have fun

ReputationRep:
    You normally only get about 100 paintballs, which might not even last you one game.

Unless you want to spend £40 paintballs alone, I would say watch when you are firing, you only need to fire one shot instead of firing loads of shots which won't hit the target. You do not want to be stuck as the last man in the king of the hill game firing blanks to scare people off :P

ReputationRep:
    be careful nothing is ever free. we got the same deal - free day, lunch etc but you only got 100 free paintballs which u will use in 5 min. we then paid £100 for 1000 which only lasted half a day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    You normally only get about 100 paintballs, which might not even last you one game.
    100?? Over here the standard is 500. o.O

100 is pathetic!

ReputationRep:
    When I played it none of the paintballs burst they just bounced off. I stood about 3m away from somone and we were shooting straight at each other for about 30 seconds and none of them burst. it was a bit crap

ReputationRep:
    100?? Over here the standard is 500. o.O

100 is pathetic!

Yeah but how much do you pay initially? To rent equipment and to actually play it's normally only £10 (about $15 maybe)

ReputationRep:
    Edzell probably.
    Is that Bedlam?

I've not been but some of my dad's friends went and they said it was suitably painful.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.