Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's really good to hear that even strong applicants have to wait that long. I'll follow your advice and try not to worry about it.
    Probably it's the most sensible thing to just concentrate on your work at school and try to achieve the marks you will need to meet the conditions of your offer.
    That's what I'm going to do...:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've been waiting quite some time aswell. Whats worse is Imperial only accomodates 50 places for my course so my chances are reduced quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    waiting aswell =/

ReputationRep:
    Me too... in fact I'm bored with waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puck_1991)
    Me too... in fact I'm bored with waiting.
    Holy **** a girl
    :poke:

ReputationRep:
    It is weird around here, ain't it?
    I'm from Spain, so I actually didn't know (even though I could have checked) the Imperial male/female ration... but I honestly don't care. I get along OK with guys, and in fact, I rather like the way they're more straight forward than girls... (and of course as another bonus, the are guys if you get my meaning...).
    Anyway I applied for Biomed Engineering, and as it's an Engineering course there weren't bound to be many girls anywhere so why not go to the best place possible, even if it's infested with male specimens?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Biological Sciences which has one of the best female: male rations in Imp.
    As far as I know it's about 50:50 or something.
    So I'm sure, studying will be lots of fun- however, I don't know if they will even offer me a place...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know about the infamous female:male ratio when I applied (for Microbiology, which anyway must have 50:50 atleast). To be honest I'm quite tired of logging into track and seeing a blank under decision. But atleast it's not a rejection :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting. Whats worrying is that the imperial website says that the last interview for my course is tomorrow. I doubt they would offer me a place without an interview so it seems as if I'm in the "rejections" pile at the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Just for the record, the male:female ratio at Imperial is 64:36. Scary :| [Source]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emc2)
    Just for the record, the male:female ratio at Imperial is 64:36. Scary :| [Source]
    Depends what course you do I'm presuming. If you're doing biological sciences then it wouldn't be that bad.

After looking at the source, DAMN :eek:

Back on topic; I just have this horrible sinking feeling , this wait is torture!

ReputationRep:
    I have checked Track 5 times today...somebody help me...
    Maybe its because todays the 1st of march, and the reply has to come this month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emc2)
    LOL! Imperial has the largest percentage of male students in the country according to that source!!! Ahahaa!! Biology is alright though, I looked it up on unistats.com sometime and I think it's 60 something % female so that's okay although that's still quite high for Biology. Most places are 70% female for Biology.
    Oh I just realised that article is from 2004... I think the male percentage has increased by a couple of percent by then lol!!
    (Original post by phoenix90)
    I have checked Track 5 times today...somebody help me...
    Maybe its because todays the 1st of march, and the reply has to come this month
    Aw...try not to worry!! I doubt they update Track on a Sunday or the weekend anyway!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm from the Netherlands and applied to ICL Physics with Theoretical Physics in January (ICL was my only choice). I received a message stating they would consider my application, but haven't heard anything since. Do you guys know if they are still interviewing and whether you make any chance at all when not invited to one? For Dutch standards, I am predicted very decent grades and my PS couldn't have been too bad as well, so I would be very disappointed when they don't even offer me the opportunity of an interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICLNL)
    I'm from the Netherlands and applied to ICL Physics with Theoretical Physics in January (ICL was my only choice). I received a message stating they would consider my application, but haven't heard anything since. Do you guys know if they are still interviewing and whether you make any chance at all when not invited to one? For Dutch standards, I am predicted very decent grades and my PS couldn't have been too bad as well, so I would be very disappointed when they don't even offer me the opportunity of an interview.
    i dont think they interview EU applicants for physics.
    and i've been waiting for 5 months:P

ReputationRep:
    The wait is soul destroying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCJ)
    The wait is soul destroying.
    i'll join you on that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenix90)
    i'll join you on that
    Woo lets create a club, and make badges and things..

ReputationRep:
    have people got any rejections yet, or do imperial just hand them all out in one big go at the end? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DangerMouse90)
    have people got any rejections yet, or do imperial just hand them all out in one big go at the end? :s
    thats what I'm afraid of.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.