Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Kid A, The Bends and OK Computer..in that order.

ReputationRep:
    The Bends is their most accesible.

ReputationRep:
    If you dislike boring alt-rock with little originality, you should avoid the Bends. It is almost as bad as Pablo Honey, in my opinion, and the quality of their later albums makes it sound even worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubix)
    :beer:

Too true.
    Do you try and sing along sometimes?

I do...I can never do it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsIpod)
    Do you try and sing along sometimes?

I do...I can never do it though
    Singing along to Radiohead is perhaps the worse idea ever.

I do it all the time :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gelliant Gutfright)
    If you dislike boring alt-rock with little originality, you should avoid the Bends. It is almost as bad as Pablo Honey, in my opinion, and the quality of their later albums makes it sound even worse.
    High and Dry, Just, Black Star and Street Spirit laugh in the face of your claim

And Fake Plastic Trees is one of the greatest songs ever written

ReputationRep:
    i sing along whilst driving i guess people passing must think i'm crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubix)

Especially with people around

"we hope that you choke"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubix)

Sooo impossible :sigh:

I'll keep trying though

ReputationRep:
    Get it all. Then get the 'Towering Above The Rest' which includes a load of b-sides and live stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovepie)
    High and Dry, Just, Black Star and Street Spirit laugh in the face of your claim

Street Spirit does, yes. The others are all dull and uninspiring, which is why I haven't listened to the Bends in its entirety for almost four years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    there will be a lot of album tracks that won't be on the compilation. I'd suggest buying the bends and ok compute to start with, they won't cost that much and you'll usually find them in hmv in the '2 for £10' sections.
    then i'd suggest listening to the more recent stuff like kid A and hail to the thief
    This.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Are you guys saying that I should get EVERY single album? well, except Pablo Honey......

Amnesiac, Hail To The Thief, OK computer, The bends, Kid A - That's £4.98 x 5 = £24.90.

Is it worth it?

Also, just curious; how many of them do you guys have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcxyz6666)
    :eek: Are you guys saying that I should get EVERY single album? well, except Pablo Honey......

Amnesiac, Hail To The Thief, OK computer, The bends, Kid A - That's £4.98 x 5 = £24.90.

Is it worth it?

Also, just curious; how many of them do you guys have.
    Yes it is worth it. Pablo Honey is worth it aswell to be honest.

I reccomend only buying a couple at first though, and then if you like them enough go and get more.

I have them all plus some non-album stuff

ReputationRep:
    As an actual member of Radiohead I have to say my favourite album is Kid A, it will be your favourite after listening to them and playing them 100 times each.

Favourite moments:

Drum intro to morning bell (ahh..the seamless transition from Idioteque makes it all the better..)
    Drums coming in halfway through pyramid song
    Drums fill before beastly bass in exit music..
    Lovely drum fills during the climax "ooohhhh" in Optimistic

ARGH lets scrap the drummer persona for a minute, I am in love with Radiohead. I must have listened to OKC, Kid A and Amnesiac 10 times each in the last 2 weeks!

Anyone else want to share their favourite moments, a la mine but not so drum oriented :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovepie)

Why have you cited High and Dry and Black Star as reasons that the Bends is GOOD? O_O

ReputationRep:
    So OK computer and Kid A it is then.

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil Selway)
    Why have you cited High and Dry and Black Star as reasons that the Bends is GOOD? O_O
    hush phillip, i love those songs :mad:

And my fav moment is probably at the end of how to disappear where thom starts moaning yahhhh ahhhh. You know what I mean lol

ReputationRep:
    I must admit I've never really got into HTDC, everyone over on the atease forums adore it. I'm sure it'll come in time.. will it?

Only recently did I fully appreciate Kid A as an album so maybe it will happen eventually.

I love the whole structure of it.. particularly treefingers -> optimistic -> in limbo -> idioteque

ReputationRep:
    I'd say get OK Computer, then Hail To The Theif, then Amnesiac... but seriously mate it's worth getting every album. They've all got a different feel to them, and like others have said definently get them in albums rather than just getting a Best Of cd... you'll appreciate them a lot more.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.