The Loughborough Uni Fantasy Premier League... Watch

Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you got the points from week 1 everyone would just pick the best players for the most points?

Defeats the point if you can use hindsight.
member159703
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
But most people have been doing it since week one. So its kinda unfair that if they join a league a week later than everyone else they miss out on a fair few point.
I dont think any of you know where I'm coming from.
PhantomBoggler
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't quite know where you're coming from either. The whole point of league administrators being able to select what week the points count from is so that if someone joins late they don't miss out on points. The league adminstrator can choose to select week 0 to give an advantage to those in it from the start, but then its unfair to those who joined up later. But yeah I don't know when the earliest late person joined fantasy football in our lboro league - I assume week 22 though.
Lukas7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rorydaredking)
But most people have been doing it since week one. So its kinda unfair that if they join a league a week later than everyone else they miss out on a fair few point.
Their fault for being late. Be organised more
member159703
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Still top of the league!
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Still top of the league!
Just giving a week or two's chance/headstart... :p:
little_wizard123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know where you're coming from. I started in week one, but because I've joined the league late, I start over 100 points behind, even though I did okay in gameweek 23 (74 points I think). I'm not too bothered, still confident of winning!
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Davezk)
If you got the points from week 1 everyone would just pick the best players for the most points?

Defeats the point if you can use hindsight.
If you joined in gameweek 24, and picked the players with the highest points, it wouldn't mean if the league was set to start from gameweek one, you'd get those points...
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
(Original post by little_wizard123)
I know where you're coming from. I started in week one, but because I've joined the league late, I start over 100 points behind, even though I did okay in gameweek 23 (74 points I think). I'm not too bothered, still confident of winning!
Cocky but confident eh...
Davezk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's to stop people joining the league and automatically taking top spot off people who have been in the league longer if they had more points originally.
alexyfoot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Darn, Im playing at Yahoo. 68 overall. I am so great. Next year Im gonna beat ya all at premier league one
member159703
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
68 in the whole world?
Fair play to you then....
alexyfoot
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well around 50-60k play it seriously I guess. I was 4th once upon a time - gameweek 8-9 I think Imcrecovering froma bad streak now ;] I love fantasy
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
12 hours remaining to change/sort your team out for the weekend matches...

little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by GεεRTHAN)
Cocky but confident eh...
Well I've done ok in previous years; top 25,000, 50,000 and 8,000 the three years I've done it. And about 800th currently. Out of 1.85 million that's not too shabby! A lot of people take this one seriously, as it's probably the 2nd biggest in England behind The Sun one I'd expect!
member159703
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nick Simmons has Ronaldo, Gerrard and Lampard. We have no hope. Down to second by 8 points and he still has scouse-scum and fat frank still to play.
little_wizard123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nick Simmons has Ronaldo, Gerrard and Lampard. We have no hope. Down to second by 8 points and he still has scouse-scum and fat frank still to play.
Ha, well I think Gerrard will go in two-footed on Lampard, and Lampard will react to it so a few minus points may help you all :P.
member159703
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hopefully theyll kill each other. Would probably be the funniest thing i had seen in ages. Would solve Capello's selection problem too, just pick Barry and Carrick.
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
Haha!

I'm not having the best of weeks! As always, I will probs end up somewhere in the middle, not bad but not good either! Just got my team ready for next week...risky changes...oh well!
member159703
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Equal points for top 2 (Me and Nick) from what I can fathom.
R
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (296)
25.92%
Yes - they're famous (292)
25.57%
No I don't (554)
48.51%

Watched Threads