The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I met mine on the very first night of moving to uni at the Fresher's Welcome Party thing. I had been put into an all-boys flat, so I really wanted to find some girls to hang around with. So at the party, after having to sit through random groups of men coming to our table to talk, I went to a table with two girls on it on the other side of the room, and now we are the best of friends and are moving in together next year!
Rocksoc. I didn't go into halls and I only have 1-2 friends on my course, and a handful of acquaintances.
I met one of my best friends in halls. I also met a lot of my friends on both of my courses. I also met my friends at work, and am constantly making new friends as I work in the SU shop where all the staff are students, except the management... However, I met my partner outside of uni, but still in the same town :smile:
Most of my best friends are my housemates, but everyone in my house is also of my course. We don't have many lectures together but obv the course is a big thing we have in common. Its really hard to make friends with people on other courses here as we are on a different campus from most of them, and also, we are only in Exeter for 2 years, we move around for the last 3 years, so if you didn't have many friends on the course it would be quite difficult in the later years.

Haven't really made any friends from societies as they're all on the other campus, and I can never really go to the pub/out after societies cos I would have to walk an hour on my own in the cold and dark to get home!
Deffo my course. Made quite a few decent friends in the first year but then some dropped out leaving a core that I still get on well with, then slowly finding people that you wouldn't usually be friends with but you're put together through coursework or whatever are acually pretty cool, and become closer to over time.
I don't really keep in touch with my old soc' guys anymore which is quite sad in a way :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending