Turn on thread page Beta

Why do guys not really drink much at clubs? watch

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    From personal experience (i.e. last night) I can say that they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    I've only been to a club once, but when I did it seemed like the guys were relatively sober, but alot of the girls seemed to be fairly drunk.

Do guys find it amusing to see girls make fools of themselves when drunk or something?
    I just drink differently at clubs.
    In a pub, I'll tend to have pints, or bottles of cider - at a club I'll tend to have bottles of VK and shots.

ReputationRep:
    i think men go out more often so are a little more conservative - perhaps drink less (rare) or drink before hand rather than pay for drinks there.

ReputationRep:
    I find its because drinks at clubs are so expensive that its better to either: stay sober, or drink ALOT at a pub/at home before going to the club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj_945)
    Too expensive to get drunk in clubs it is.

6.70 for vodka redbull
    ?

That costs over an hour of labour

So no-one can afford to drink much, but with the limited amount of money available to everyone, the girls can get more drunk because it only takes a few drinks...

Peace x
    Who the bloody hell would pay that for a vodka red bull... it's something like £2 at the nightclub I go to... and thats for a double :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    I've only been to a club once, but when I did it seemed like the guys were relatively sober, but alot of the girls seemed to be fairly drunk.

Do guys find it amusing to see girls make fools of themselves when drunk or something?
    because it's too expensive. better to drink some tinnies on the street

ReputationRep:
    They need their wits in order to pull of successful rapes. You can't be sloppy. And if you're too drunk you can't get it up, either.

(Original post by Veil of Maya)
    Who the bloody hell would pay that for a vodka red bull... it's something like £2 at the nightclub I go to... and thats for a double :confused:
    :eyeball: Nah!! It's about £1.50 for vodka mixers in Glasgow and I thought that was cheap. I could get wasted on vodka-red bulls at that price!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Biggles)
    :eyeball: Nah!! It's about £1.50 for vodka mixers in Glasgow and I thought that was cheap. I could get wasted on vodka-red bulls at that price!!
    In the 2 clubs here every drink is really really expensive except vodka redbull which is either £1.50 or £1 on most nights and its the only drink anyone ever drinks.

They pre-prepare the drinks in mass quantities so no queue for the bar which is good but they have crap stuff in them. (I noticed the vodka is "moonshine vodka" according to the box and I dont think the red bull is actual red bull either!)

I don't mind the taste of vodka redbull, but I hate drinking it late at night eg 1am because it REALLY messes up my sleep due to tiredness from alcohol etc but caffeine boost wakes me up like an hour later.

ReputationRep:
    Are you joking? You've been to a club once, get out more.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    Are you joking? You've been to a club once, get out more.
    Slightly unnecessary, to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    Some people just don't drink

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Slightly unnecessary, to say the least.
    Not really, how can they make a comment like this when they've been to a club once?

ReputationRep:
    Not really, how can they make a comment like this when they've been to a club once?
    says the guy not even old enough to get into one LOL
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Because it's expensive and usually it tastes **** in clubs compared to a pub.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    because some of the girls simply cant get any naturally, so make themselves seem easier, by becoming more inebriated. guys think they have a chance, and then take anything thats offered, even if it is the fat munter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umad?)
    says the guy not even old enough to get into one LOL
    So you think under 18's don't go to clubs? LOL

ReputationRep:
    Guys drink just as much as girls.

Like you said, you have only been to a club once.

ReputationRep:
    Many reasons. Girls go out less, spend more when they do. Girls need to drink less to get drunk. Girls can have guys buy drinks for them (suckers) and yeah, girls are often louder when they're drunk, or at least more noticeable.

ReputationRep:
    So you think under 18's don't go to clubs? LOL
    yes the gay ass clubs...lol

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.