Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    Leicester has too many of 'em.
    What I don't really get is that many of them that I have dealings with are clearly bright - usually medics, lawyers or economists, but they just behave like chavs and are throughly disruptive for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    Maybe but you will have all the "INNIT INNIT" lot outside making a racket keeping you awake at ugodly hours, unable to concentrate on those all important finals, so if you don't do better than desmond, don't say you weren't warned
    are these "innit innit" lot at opal now? as i dont generally get woken up by them but my room isnt facing the courtyard.... and im assuming your talking about the whole "rude boi asian" thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    What I don't really get is that many of them that I have dealings with are clearly bright - usually medics, lawyers or economists, but they just behave like chavs and are throughly disruptive for everyone.
    im interested in how you compare them to chavs in the ways that they behave.... and how they disrupt everyone?:confused:
    and also, were you insisting that that when you see them, you automatically think that they are not bright? :confused:
    im just trying to understand your logic, not trying to start an argument.
    Med.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehdiaj)
    im interested in how you compare them to chavs in the ways that they behave.... and how they disrupt everyone?:confused:
    and also, were you insisting that that when you see them, you automatically think that they are not bright? :confused:
    im just trying to understand your logic, not trying to start an argument.
    Med.
    I'm thinking of the playing music ridiculously loud at 4 in the morning outside peoples bedrooms, in cars which they drive at insane speeds over very short distances. The aggressiveness, and willingness to start fights, and just general obnoxious attitude and lack of consideration for other people is what gets on my nerves.

When you see this behaviour, you don't really assume they're especially bright people. I stress that these are only a very small minority of students, but they are a very vocal and disruptive minority. We're taking steps to stop them, and it's working, but there are still problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehdiaj)
    are these "innit innit" lot at opal now? as i dont generally get woken up by them but my room isnt facing the courtyard.... and im assuming your talking about the whole "rude boi asian" thing?
    Too damn right I is. :yep: :rolleyes: What is it with them? Why do they infest the place like it's their territory INNIT INNIT INNIT? Can't they just piss off back to where they came from INNIT INNIT.

ReputationRep:
    Where does the Accommodation Office usually place 3rd years/where do 3rd years usually choose to live in Halls?

Is there anywhere in the Oadby Halls of Residence that a house/flat is made up of all final years? Because I love it here in Oadby and all the greenness, gardens etc so I don't want to leave. But at the same time, there IS such a big difference between 18 and 21/20's year olds and between 1st year and 3rd year students' priorities, behaviour/mindset, lifestyle that it is rather unbearable when put together under the same roof these clash.:mad:
    *Is speaking from experience*:o:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 11, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.