Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andre_m)
    I’ve just been invited to attend an interview on 24th feb for a receptionist position in NHS.
    My interview is on the 24th too, and for a receptionist job aswell! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catalicious)
    My interview is on the 24th too, and for a receptionist job aswell! lol
    Just to join the club- I've got an interview on the 25th for an admin position in a plastic surgery dept!

ReputationRep:
    ahh my interview is tomorrow, im trying to do some preparation. Does anyone have any idea of what kind of questions will be asked?

ReputationRep:
    I've had 2 very different interviews so far.
    One was all about the person specification, so 'give us an example of when you used your communication/ teamwork/ IT/ whatever skills'. They talked a lot about me, my past jobs, my personality, what the job could give me and what I could get from the job. The interviewers were also really nice and that was about an hour long!
    The other one was literally a list of 10 questions on 'what would you do if.... a patient fainted for example'. They also asked me what KSF and CPD were (I was like wtf?!). They didn't speak about my degree or my jobs at all, and the only thing they asked me about me was why I'd make a good HCA. I was in there for about 15 mins!
    My advice would be- read the job description and person specification well, think about how you can demonstrate the skills needed for the job. Think of some scenarios where they may ask you, what would you do? And think of some questions to ask them at the end when they ask if you have any questions.
    Relax, be yourself, and good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied for a few admin jobs with no response. Grr.

ReputationRep:
    I just had my interview, it was only 15/20 mins long! i dont kno whether thats a good or bad thing. They asked me alot of questions about my current job, and gave me situations to solve etc. Il find out by the end of the week *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    I currently work for the NHS as an Analyst and I applied online. I had an interview within a week of the closing date and I started the week after, but obviously it varies depending on departments, some will take longer than others to shortlist/interview

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have a problem with the website... although i do realise im finding this thread a good few years later!
    I applied for emergency medical dispatcher with the ambulance service, within a week id got an interview, had the (very long!) interview and found out 5 days later that i'd got the job! =)

ReputationRep:
    I know this is an old thread but this might help some. When you are looking at the jobs print out the personal specification grid. it tells you the essential criteria they are looking for and you need to make sure you mention this in your additional information section.

if you don't meet the essential criteria you won't get shortlisted! Simples! Posting a CV into it just isn't good enough.

ReputationRep:
    hi, i know this was posted a while ago, but I just got an interview for this role and can't find any info on the interview or tests - got any info for me please?

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerHow to become an online tutorCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.