Liverpool dealt huge title blow Watch

Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mastermind`)
It's all about Rob Styles! I love the cheeky little grin he has on his face after booking someone. :cool:
Rob Styles is a ****
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:rofl: @ the thread title.

Tbh, I wouldn't want to be a ref. The fact that you get no respect from a bunch of over-paid prima donnas, and then get your every mistake replayed time and time again on prime time TV before being ****ged off by the daily press is a bit of a deal breaker, if I'm honest.
Phalanges
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:eek:

The shame of being left out would sting a bit, tbh.
Klinsmannic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Are you sure about that?

Spanish refeere issues 19 red cards in a game

Spanish referee dropped from cup match and suspended after making mistakes

I'd love to see these Spanish refs in England, complete petulance tbh.
There'd obviously have to be some vetting, but the very thought of foreign competition would kick our refs into shape. So the theory goes.

They should get Fergie and Wenger to ref one of their own games. Do you think they'd give any fouls against their own team? :shifty:
Mastermind`
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Rob Styles is a ****

:beard:
Revoked_Tangerine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Rob Styles is a disgrace to football.
Craigthered
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
78 for the jarman
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What I always thought Clattenburg was a good ref :ninja:

.... plus, it makes a change with United having all the refs in their back pocket, didnt ya see Rafa's dossier :p:

and agree with the above ROB STYLES SUCKS!!! < he is by far the worst ref.
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
.... and from the Gaurdian article the page before:

One of the most infamous involved the Jamaican national team during a friendly against Mexican club Toros Neza in Mexico City in 1997. A local player reacted violently to being fouled: cue 22-man tear-up, rapidly joined by coaching staff and members of the Mexican crowd. Jamaica diplomatically left the field. Only to return, in less conciliatory mood, armed with bricks.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Video:

Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's nothing to the blow their title hopes received tonight.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
That's nothing to the blow their title hopes received tonight.
I bet it's because they were all mourning the loss of their favourite referee
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
More than likely.
Makaveli_The_Don
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wigaaaaaaaaaan.
member159703
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Saw the title and thought haha thread about the draw.
This is a much better thread though..
And refs in united pockets. Have you seen the bans we get from the FA? We don't even appeal them anymore.
Throwback
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Shaun1991)
"Who then, was the last player to score a penalty for the away side in a Premiership match at Old Trafford, and in what year?" asks Ewan Evans.

The answer, as lots of you have pointed out, is Ruel Fox for Norwich City back in 1993. "Nobody has actually converted since our former chubby Spurs winger friend, which itself proves the difficulty of even being awarded a penalty away at Old Trafford in the first place, especially when you see that Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored nine penalties on the same pitch last season," says Duncan Thompson.

Meanwhile Richard Torres tells us that only four opposition players have taken penalties at Old Trafford since the start of the Premiership (including Fox). "Muzzy Izzet, Juninho and David Dunn are the players that missed," he explains. Actually it's at least five, Richard - John Sheridan scored one for Sheffield Wednesday on 10th April 1993 (in that famous match where Steve Bruce scored in the 86th and 96th minutes to inch United closer to their first Premiership title in 26 years)."
Lol, how old is this thing that you're quoting? Here's a few more to add to your list:

Man United 0 - 1 Liverpool - April 24, 2004
Steven Gerrard surged into the box and Gary Neville brought him down for a penalty. Danny Murphy scored and it proved to be the only goal of the game.

Man United 1-1 West Brom - May 7, 2005
Albion had barely been seen as an attacking force, but they were level after 61 minutes, courtesy of a controversial penalty from Earnshaw. Referee Mark Halsey pointed to the spot as O'Shea tangled with Horsfield, and despite furious protests Earnshaw scored easily.

Man United 0-1 Arsenal - September 17, 2006
Edwin van der Sar's failure to shake off a stomach bug handed Kuszczak a debut and his initial action in a first-team shirt was to haul down Adebayor for a penalty. Gilberto's standing foot slipped as he struck the kick, allowing Kuszczak to atone for his error by plunging to his right to save.

Man United 3-1 Wigan - December 26, 2006
A superb run saw substitute David Cotterill put into the United box from the right before being upended by Mikael Silvestre. Riley pointed to the spot and Baines stepped up to blast the resulting penalty straight into the middle of the net as United goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar dived to his left.

Man United 4-1 Bolton - March 17, 2007

Vidic was adjudged to have lent on Abdoulaye Faye in the United box and Gary Speed dispatched the penalty left-footed - the shot being partially stopped by goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak before going through his legs and into the net.

Man United 4-3 Hull - November 1, 2008
Geovanni converts from the penalty spot after Rio Ferdinand brough down Bernard Mendy in the United penalty area. Absolute gift from Ferdinand as he didn't need to make that challenge.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Owned :ninja:
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
To be fair, 6 penalties in 4 years isnt that many, 3 of them had no effect on the result since Utd were in the lead/in control. And a 4th was saved too.
Creepy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Barça)
Are you sure about that?

Spanish refeere issues 19 red cards in a game

Spanish referee dropped from cup match and suspended after making mistakes

I'd love to see these Spanish refs in England, complete petulance tbh.
I'd love to see a youtube video of this.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
To be fair, 6 penalties in 4 years isnt that many, 3 of them had no effect on the result since Utd were in the lead/in control. And a 4th was saved too.
What point are you trying to make?
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
What point are you trying to make?
:eyeball:
As it says on the tin..?
That statistically not many penalties are awards against Utd at Old Trafford and even fewer have any effect on the game (in terms of result outcome).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.71%
No - I got the required grades (101)
57.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.57%

Watched Threads