Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightbreeze)
    What course are you in, TDS ?
    Accounting and Finance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dark Side)
    Accounting and Finance.
    Huh, good, I hear that they teach finance well at the LSE. Personally, accounting creeps me out...but that's because several people tried to make me become a maths/statistics monkey, and accounting seems so similar (in the sense of mechanical, boring job). But that's a personal preference anyway.

Sorry for derailing the topic a little bit (even tough it seems that the op's question was answered), but do you know some tidbits about the differences between the various MSc in management (general, strategy, international). It's not your area, but I am sure some rumors fly around...

ReputationRep:
    The best business schools are not located in the UK, LBS is good, but HBS,Insead, SBS and HEC are the best, Aston and Cass cannot compare.

ReputationRep:
    Allow me to humble disagree. While it is true that Aston, Cass and the other UK business schools do not compare on international level, the LBS certainly has nothing to fear from a confrontation with Insead, HEC.

ReputationRep:
    true lbs is one of the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soWhat!)
    I was just wonderingm which might be the best business school?
    I heard LSE is great, but I just found two other schools that claim to be excellent.
    London Business School and the European Business School London...
    Can you compare them to LSE?
    Do they both offer Bachelor degrees?
    Its because the other two are private, so they are considered separately to the publish business schools. (i think)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnKennedy)
    The best business schools are not located in the UK, LBS is good, but HBS,Insead, SBS and HEC are the best, Aston and Cass cannot compare.
    IE, ESADE and IESE too!

ReputationRep:
    Business schools do MBAs, end of.
    There are many undergrad degrees which include the word 'business' or 'business studies' or 'business administration' etc. etc. - these are degrees which sell themselves as business courses, but are more a mix of several modules from different departments - bit of accounting, marketing, strategy etc.

If you want to learn about business properly, whilst studying for a degree, do the degree in whatever you want (you can always pick businessy modules in most degrees) and then read a lot, and get involved in a network marketing business whilst studying - low start-up cost, good money, and a huge learning curve.

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

If one is looking at the possibility of becoming an equity analyst (stock analyst etc.),
    what business school would be the best to go to?

in advance, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Whoever has not said LSE in this thread is wrong and their post is invalid.

ReputationRep:
    LSE isn't a business school in the British sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnKennedy)
    No Wharton ?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    In Europe, we're talking HEC, ESCP, Bocconi, IMD, IE, INSEAD, ESADE, IESE, St. Gallen, LBS, Saïd... All excellent.

ReputationRep:
    My personal view for Europe:

LBS
    INSEAD

SAID
    JUDGE
    IMD
    WARWICK
    ESADE
    BOCCONI
    RSM
    HEC
    ST GALLEN
    IE
    IESE

ReputationRep:
    what about SSE?
    not a business school?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 14, 2009
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.