bristol vs manchester civil engineering Watch

denscp
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
To mingneto, after having read this entire thread (due to research I'm doing on feedback of people on Uni of Manchester) I came across your choice of UCL and the fact that you are an Int'l student. My immediate response to that is to NOT apply to UCL. Full stop.

It is a waste of money and choice in my opinion. I regretfully applied to UCL for the following reasons: prestige, I've been there and it looked good (but then... it was the only uni I visited the department when I went to the UK) and overall because it is London and I have friends there. One thign you got to realize is that it is not as good as Bristol and Manchester for Civil Engineering. Overall prestige is a great illusion.

My point: Do not put UCL and instead put Bristol and Manchester. I am only sharing my opinion If you have already sent it then sorry for wasting your time
Haps
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Manchester has a better international rep and there are definitely more internatinal students in manchester. there is an excellent international society and the social life going out clubbing is better in manchester. Manchester is a bigger city so there is more stuf to do and it will be cheaper because bristol is in the south it will generally be more expensive. i know from a friend that their accommodation costs are more in bristol and in general manchester is a more fun place where u will have the time of ur life, well i am.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (222)
28.07%
No (569)
71.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise