large girls in hotpants? Watch

foundintransmission
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
yes it would look bad. girls who dress like that who are over a size 8 need issuing with on the spot fines.
Not necessarily, as someone said, it's totally to do with body shape. Even though I'm a 10/12 and wouldn't wear them, but I don't have stupidly skinny legs. :p:
OP: judging by your description I wouldn't go near them if I were you, I'm a similar height and wouldn't do so, and you're bigger than me, so no, I don't think you should :o:
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lella_m)
Shouldn't she be able to dress how she wants, rather than what other people want?
and this is why lots of men lose their eyesight all the fat ones wear clothes which are far too small for them
happydinosaur
Report 9 years ago
If your 5ft3 I imagine you've probably got fairly short legs...I always thought that hotpants and shortish legs didn't go well together especially if your not super slim and toned.
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Shouldn't she be able to dress how she wants, rather than what other people want?
Well, yes, but most people don't like looking stupid. Dressing well is such an important skill for anyone imo - not just girls - and that means dressing to your shape.
Rubix
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If she wants to look like a fat slut, she should go for it. :top:
burninginme
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why is it the fatter the female, the tighter and smaller the clothes they want to wear?
Coy Girl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Of course she can wear them if she wants to, but the question she asked was whether or not people thought it would look good.
hannah123123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am curvy, but I can pull of hot pants personally as I have quite skinny legs which are toned, where as some of my other curvy friends can't. I think it depends what your legs are like. Try some on and see what they look like. I wouldn't wear them with nude tights, def go for black, brown tights which are at least 40 denier or even leggings.
smellslikemarmite
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well then why ask an internet forum for advice?
eulerwaswrong
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
only very slim toned girls look good in hot pants - ive only seen a couple of girls actually look good in them
Diomedes
Report 9 years ago
how can you be a 16 if your thighs are 23cm btw? That's about the same as mine...
she said 23 inches :rolleyes:
Sparxy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
how can you be a 16 if your thighs are 23cm btw? That's about the same as mine...
She said her thighs were 23 inches, not centimetres..

EDIT: Diomedes beat me to it by <1 minute.
Teigan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
Dress to your shape, not your size.
Amen to that!

It's a no from me. I can almost guarantee it will look awful, to look good in hotpants you need slim, toned legs.
enigma373
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No one should wear hot pants in public.
EssexDan86
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Probably not, though as said it depends on your body shape.

An example of how to wear hotpants badly can be seen by watching 'Shallow Hal' (Gwyneth Paltrow wearing the fat-suit)
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
******* hell where are you supposed to measure your thighs?! I measured round the fullest bit albeit with a piece of string and I got about 21.5''. I swear I take a 10/12 for jeans. (Not that I wear hotpants but still, I do wear short skirts)

*dies*
sweetlovinchick2k1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I would say no. However, I wouldn't be able to tell correctly without seeing you, it all depends on you body shape (as others have said).

I had a friend at school, she was a size 18, but was covinced she was a size 12. She wore these black hotpants with grey tights and it looked terrible, but she did have large thighs.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Diomedes)
she said 23 inches :rolleyes:
oh then so did I, cm wouldn't make sense
Zastrugi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sovietkitsch_)
i'm 5'3 and a size 16, i have, to me that is, large thighs (23 inch circumference... wow i sound so sad!) and im not very toned. from what i've said do you think a girl my size would look bad in hotpants? (worn with nude tights) thanks
I'm also 5'3, but size 6 and I'm toned and I wouldn't go there. Those things shouldn't be worn in public, so few people can pull them off, especially larger women.
tayalouise
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't do it, you'll get stares for the wrong reasons
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%

Watched Threads