Turn on thread page Beta

medicine 2009 help! Still not heard anything!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    me and my friend seem to be the only ones who have heard zilch from bristol! no interview, no rejection....nothing!

anyone else out there not heard either? my parents want me to ring them but i think its a bit stupid as they cant tell me anything over the phone and they probably have loads of people ringing up...

thanks

ReputationRep:
    My friend has heard nothing, it was his favourite university aswell.

ReputationRep:
    same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelia.x)
    me and my friend seem to be the only ones who have heard zilch from bristol! no interview, no rejection....nothing!
    anyone else out there not heard either? my parents want me to ring them but i think its a bit stupid as they cant tell me anything over the phone and they probably have loads of people ringing up...
    thanks
    there are still quite a number of people who haven't heard from them yet - have a look at the stalking thread

ReputationRep:
    3 of my Friends have heard nothing from Bristol, or anywhere infact.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've had my interview, I'm just yet to hear my final decision. They're still my number one choice.

ReputationRep:
    hey i havent heard from Peninsula yet does it mean i am rejected ? i am a bit worried any tips on what i can do ? and am i the only one who hasnt heard yet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    hey i havent heard from Peninsula yet does it mean i am rejected ? i am a bit worried any tips on what i can do ? and am i the only one who hasnt heard yet ?
    various people rang up a couple of months ago and were told that if you hadn't heard anything about an interview but that point, then you'd been unsuccessful - maybe ring them up and ask them yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatp)
    I am wondering if I am the only one who hasn't heard anything! I've applied to study medicine in sept 09 to:-
    Southampton
    Kings
    Bristol
    Queen Mary

I handed in my application back in oct but I still haven't heard anything- not even rejections!! I'm getting so worried as I know some of my friends have even had interviews or offers. Am I the only one?!! Should I be worried and what can I do? Is it normal to wait this long and still not hear anything from them?? Please help!!
    yes it's normal
    no news is good news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    I'm a second year, mate . But yes, I did reapply - and got two interviews and got into both med schools, so there you go!
    Hi
    can you tell me what you different second time round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrobison1)
    Hi
    can you tell me what you different second time round?
    I had a better PS, but that was about it.

Don't underestimate the power of a good personal statement... because that's all the admissions people have to work with. Make sure you submit a good one, and the rest is down the kind of person you are and how well you prepare for you interview.

ReputationRep:
    no news is good news my friend =)

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard anything from Bristol or Nottingham. I see that Bristol seem have been slow for everyone but does anyone know about Nottingham?
    Leeds and sheffield rejected me without interview

ReputationRep:
    Same! Waiting for Bristol !

How many do you think they interview in a day? I prefer to stay in London. But, I got rejected from 2 of my choices and SGUL gave me waiting list. So, things arent looking bright here. I wouldnt mind going to Bristol. Anywhere will do as far as I get to do medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelia.x)

thanks
    I havn't heard anything from them either. I think there are 4 more interview dates, so don't worry!

I'm still waiting for Birmingham as well! These are my last two hopes. I'm so scared that I won't make these two either.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2009

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.