Computing Science Applicants 2009 Watch

Corky_LFC
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeh same here mate really looking forward to it but ive got the biggest decision on my life right now like we all have.

Smiley might know what I'm on about when I say I can't choose between staying here in Liverpool at John Moores or coming to Newcastle

I know Newcastle would be a lot better education wise for me, but the question I ask is... Can I really leave Liverpool, once u come here you get attached and ive got a fantastic bunch of mates here and it would just mean settling in all again!

I also love the football club and the accent to bits but the North East is a very special place to me as well!

I dont know what to do, please give me some advice here, espicially Smiley or anyone else that has been to or who has lived / lives in Liverpool at the moment!
JanishFA
Report 9 years ago
well i dont know anything about either of the two cities, but you have to just get on with life sometimes, and that means moving away and moving on. I mean im leaving an awsome group of mates too but im just doing what has to be done. I personaly dont think going university in your home city would be the same, but it is completely your choice!
Corky_LFC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yeh I know what you mean mate there is a big thread on this in the "student life" section of the "general discussion" part of the section

but yeh I know wha u mean lad
tomcuk123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got my Unconditional for Info.Systems with Business Studies (Industrial Placement) Letter today off Dr Tully, so as soon as UCAS updates, its getting accepted
Corky_LFC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey nice to know that tom

I can't wait till September

Im probably gonna change my course later on in the degree to CS with an industrial placement year with Network and Industrial technologies
CSmiley91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi Corky, sorry to post a few days late. I agree with you about Liverpool being a fantastic place to live and having a great group of friends etc, but I'm looking very forward to moving away and starting fresh.

If I wasn't from Liverpool, it would be my top place to study as its an excellent uni, in one of the best cities in the country

I'm just trying to decide between Newcastle, Durham and Leeds as to where I should study now!
Corky_LFC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey smiley no worries lad,

Yeh I know what u mean lad, but its going to be very hard, because Liverpool is such a nice place like u say...

Well from your offers I'd narrow it down between Newcastle and Durham, then look at both universities way up the pros and cons and then decide mate.

Personally I would choose Newcastle but thats just my opinion after the open day and what I know about the city.
CSmiley91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Corky, thanks for the advice

Yeah, I'm in Durham on Wednesday for my open day, so I'll decide then. I wasn't impressed really with Leeds, so I was going to put Newcastle as my firm and then Durham as my insurance
Corky_LFC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
sound mate well I hope you decide Newcastle because I'll probably end up going tbh..Had a lot of thinking and the north east is a lovely part of the city and another positive is if you decide to go there I'll have a fellow red to go to the games with and the pub when we play:P...I'm after tickets for Newcastle vs Liverpool already, I'll probably get them, in the away end...I've changed my accommodation now also to Windsor Terrace first choice and Ricky Road second choice, really hope I get into Windsor.
CSmiley91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've sent my replies back to UCAS and Durham is my firm, with Newcastle as my Insurance. I'd definitely be up for going to the match and pub though, regardless whether I go to Durham or Newcastle

Just got to decide on my accommodation for Newcastle now.. Henderson Hall or Castle Leazes.. hmm
Corky_LFC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Best of luck mate with your results mate, hope it works out for you
Corky_LFC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by timmo_226644)
Alright people, I've been lookin for people to talk to about CS at Newcastle for ages, I got my a - levels last year, im workin on a gap year now. Anyone else been accepted or are you still waiting for your A-Levels? I'm pretty worried about ******* up the course big time, i got AAB but my a-levels are only in Art, IT and Business. I'm gash at maths (scraped a B at GCSE), haven't done it since GCSE. Thinking of getting a tutor to get me back up to scratch.

You lads from Liverpool, i'm working in Widnes at the moment, dunno if you will know where that is? Sort of inbetween my way and Liverpool, i've got a mate at JMU at the moment, goin Chibuku at Barfly now and again.

I've applied for the same as 'Corky' en-suite' at Henderson and if i dont get that then Leazes.

Hope you get the results fellas
Ello lad, and before I go any further I hope you get the results your after

I get mine today...to say I'm nervous is a understatement!

All I can say with regards to you a - levels is get your head down and keep cracking on with it. Get extra help if you need it! and I'm sure you will be fine!!

I've just finished at John Moores and it aint the greatest uni but in a way I've really enjoyed myself there, and yeh I've been through Widnes before

I've also changed my accommodation now, I've applied to Windsor Terrace and Ricky Road (I really want to get into Windsor Terrace).

Anyway best of luck to you lad and how do you know you sat near me at the open day?
Corky_LFC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by timmo_226644)
Alright, i just know i was sat near a lad from liverpool, he was talking to someone else about where he was from and i was sat on the next table talking to some nerdy 3rd year lol. I have already got my a-levels and got my place, good luck to you tho, what do you need? what are you studying now? Any main reason why you changed accommodation?

Yeah if you was at the back that would of probably have been me then

Well done to yourself on your a - levels I've just finished my foundation at John Moores and today of all days is Results Day so I will know in less then 3 hours my results or I should.

I need 60% across for modules and I'm on course for a distinction (70% and above across 4 modules)

Just the fact that self - catering is a lot cheaper and I lived in halls as well anyway last year.

It really does make a difference!
Podgeykins
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How did you do?

If I pass we'll be new best of friends yeo!
Corky_LFC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Podgeykins)
How did you do?

If I pass we'll be new best of friends yeo!
lol yeh I did well, very well actually!

I got a distinction, in the end I got 74.5% rounded off to 75%, Newcastle only wanted 60%!!

so yeh I'm there and we can be new best friends lol

I know a lot of irish people anyway
CSmiley91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Corky_LFC)

I got a distinction, in the end I got 74.5% rounded off to 75%, Newcastle only wanted 60%!!

Well Done mate, hope that you're well!
Podgeykins
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Yeooo! Congratulations!!!!

Really good result

alot of irish people? :O Im the coolest irish person you'll ever meet, it's like socks on toast type of thing with me :P It'll be a parrrr ey!
Corky_LFC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CSmiley91)
Well Done mate, hope that you're well!

thanks lad, long time no speak how u doin! hopefully you will be joining me at Newcastle from my point of view but from the other the point of view I hope your results go well to get into your firm! Keep in touch!!

Yeooo! Congratulations!!!!

Really good result

alot of irish people? :O Im the coolest irish person you'll ever meet, it's like socks on toast type of thing with me :P It'll be a parrrr ey!
Thanks lad, and well your gonna have to have a lot about you lad to be one of the coolest irish people i've met lol
Podgeykins
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thanks lad, long time no speak how u doin! hopefully you will be joining me at Newcastle from my point of view but from the other the point of view I hope your results go well to get into your firm! Keep in touch!!

Thanks lad, and well your gonna have to have a lot about you lad to be one of the coolest irish people i've met lol
Check my profile, I met hannah montana! :woo:
Corky_LFC
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Check my profile, I met hannah montana! :woo:
am lost lad but am sure your sound
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (130)
18.6%
No (422)
60.37%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise