What is with girls and ridiculously tight skirts??? Watch

grape:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Comfort over impressing guys any day. Not worth it. It's nice to get a balance anyhow. x
babyepiphany
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
wow sometimes i look at them and wonder, "when will ur skirt rip cos its too damn tight"
Andylol
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Pics Or Lies...
Brouhaha
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by shamrock92)
Girls needn't make themselves look good for men. If they want to wear skimpy dresses for themselves, fine; but subordinating themselves to the playthings of misogyny is unnecessary.
Together with this and your Palestine links, I think I love you.
Thud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kai4321)
Never actually realised. I dunno, I'm slightly generalising cause I see you in quite a few debates in GD and so just assumed you must have been a guy. I'm sorry Thud
Aw don't worry about it. A lot of people tend to assume I'm a guy on here given the debating :p:
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
Girls needn't make themselves look good for men. If they want to wear skimpy dresses for themselves, fine; but subordinating themselves to the playthings of misogyny is unnecessary.

What makes you think girls are only doing it for men? Girls get dressed for themselves as well. They want to look good and feel good not just get the attention of some men they probably don't care about.
Brouhaha
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
What makes you think girls are only doing it for men? Girls get dressed for themselves as well. They want to look good and feel good not just get the attention of some men they probably don't care about.
Don't kid yourself, we do it for men. When I'm having a sleepover with my girl friends I go in jeans and a ponytail. It's different with guys, for most girls.
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bobo1234)
Ok so my school recently went coed in the sixth form and a lot of the boys (myself included) can't really get our heads rapped round the fact that the girls insist on wearing such tight skirts it's hard for them to walk in them! Yes, it does make a lot of the boys drool and lust after the girls, but is it really worth it? Id quite like a girls opinion on this as well as other guys opinions
and theres your answer
xkarenlouisex
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i think the words ur after is prob pencil skirts their ace altho im more of a shorts girl =] skirts dont sit right on me unless ironically thier tight
Pavlik
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Windsprite)
yes I know a girl like this! it's tight round her ass and rather inapproriate
:gthumb:

I'm all for it.
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
More specifically: men don't wear make up, or shave their legs etc. Why women? Because, unfortunately, they've been degraded to a lower role in society and are seen as objects for male pleasure. Accordingly, women end up prettying themselves up for men.

(Not to mention the fact that "looking good and feeling good" is defined by men.)
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
We don't do it for men. We're not stupid, we know men don't notice clothes, hair or make-up. Mostly these things are done for other girls, you know, hands off, that guy is going to go for me because I look damn good.
Originally, women dressing more jazzily was to attract more powerful men. Women have always been more vulnerable, and men have taken advantage of that to make women work for them. "Looking good" originates from male perceptions of what makes a nice-looking woman; not to mention the Freudian factor of dress sense.
osikeone4real
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't care, let them wear what ever they like it's their business.
Brouhaha
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
More specifically: men don't wear make up, or shave their legs etc. Why women? Because, unfortunately, they've been degraded to a lower role in society and are seen as objects for male pleasure. Accordingly, women end up prettying themselves up for men.

(Not to mention the fact that "looking good and feeling good" is defined by men.)
I DEFINITELY LOVE YOU.
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Brouhaha)
Together with this and your Palestine links, I think I love you.
haha.

(I have my feministic doubts about love as a construct too, though.)
bighairedmike
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Damn right. A guy will hit on a girl tight skirt or no tight skirt.

Just read that back to myself and lol'd:o:
Brouhaha
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
haha.

(I have my feministic doubts about love as a construct too, though.)
Stop saying these things, you'll make me love you even more.
shamrock92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Brouhaha)
Stop saying these things, you'll make me love you even more.
A Stranger in Moscow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Originally, women dressing more jazzily was to attract more powerful men. Women have always been more vulnerable, and men have taken advantage of that to make women work for them. "Looking good" originates from male perceptions of what makes a nice-looking woman; not to mention the Freudian factor of dress sense.
That may be true, but I buy my shoes and show them off to my female friends. I know men won't even notice if I'm not even wearing shoes.

Plus, the definition of an attractive woman has changed throughout the years. Now it's super skinny (which men don't like, proving that women have started to do things for themselves, not men) whereas before it's been curvy, fat, booby, leggy, etc. If these women are doing things for men, then the genetic make-up of what men find attractive must have changed substantially since the 20s, which I know for a fact can't have happened that quickly.
poossum
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Thud)
Do you think heels are easy to walk in? The things girls do for guys....
Sorry, just a little news for you... Guys don't give a **** about heels!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.6%
No (383)
72.4%

Watched Threads