Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolutionary)
    Strathclyde
    Try this:
    http://www.accom.gla.ac.uk/pad/
    It's an accommodation scheme run by all the uni/colleges in Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozaphinee)
    So how do you pay for food, nights out etc? Do you have a saturday job or anything?

EDIT: Obviously, you'll have an overdraft, but is that enough?
    I work 10-20 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    250 a month plus bills so about 350 a month! hence am always broke.
    OP try looking on the gumtree site for glasgow there is always rooms on there
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolutionary)
    I'm planning on moving out next semester but have no idea how I would afford it.
    My student house next year is £62 per week plus bills.

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh City Centre I pay £1500/month with 3 others, which works out at £375 each. That's fairly expensive for here, and very expensive for most of the country.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    £87 a week in a five bedroom house in central london

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Clubeasy in Hull and it's £65 a week on a 4 bedroom house, not bad considering the bills and internet are all inclusive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lodzinski)
    I work 10-20 hours a week.
    Okay, thank you!

It's so unfair having friends that have their parents pay the rent for them!

ReputationRep:
    ATM I live in a 3 bed semi-detached house, double room, 2 bathrooms with 2 other people and we pay £320 a month all inc. I'm moving in with my bf in a couple of weeks to a 3 bed detached for £575 a month

ReputationRep:
    trust me you will be better off paying your own way. sure you may be broke more often but earning that money then makes you more responsible as to what you do with it. Helps you budget too so when you graduate your in a much better position then those who have had it handed to them and then are on their own. But ultimately yes it sucks
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jozaphinee)
    Okay, thank you!

It's so unfair having friends that have their parents pay the rent for them!
    yup. Really annoys me at the moment alot of people are like 'yay loan, free money, let's go blow it all!' and i'm sat here going '****, i've gotta find £300 from somewhere to top up for my rent and to live until I can build my pay back up.' My parents have been brilliant and given me £100 to help, but that's pretty much all they can afford to give me.

Nontheless, It was my decision to come to uni, and I knew the costs, so it is my job, and mine alone to pay them.

ReputationRep:
    495 a month excluding bills for a one bedroom flat.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    90 p/w

doube room

shared facilities

ReputationRep:
    i pay 105 a week with aberdeen unite. expensive! but its in the center of town and i have my own ensuite. the rooms pretty nice too compared to other unites. i use up practically all my grants paying for rent.

ReputationRep:
    m6. £366 per month, excluding bills. It really is a tight stretch, sure have nothing spare for luxuries...or sometimes essentials! But, i did work this out before i moved! I was just put off halls, after a year a college!

I understand what some of you mean, when you say about parents paying the rent and loans being 'free money'! Hardly anyone on my course pays their own way...they spend more on coffee and snacks in one day, than i can afford to spend on food in a week!!

ReputationRep:
    I think mine is about £82 a week...has been a year since i signed the contract so i cant remember... not entirely sure though but everything included - electric, gas, water, internet =] so it isnt too bad =]

ReputationRep:
    £400 a month, 3 bedroom house, without bills. I"m not a student by the way. Its tough when there is only one wage coming in and the current economic climate is making it really hard to find a job.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, Glasgow seems surprisinglly cheap compared to some of these figures!
    What a handy thread, I was trying to look up glasgow accomodation on my own :P

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.