(Original post by Creepy)
I'd like to hear your good points though. 10 feet of snow sounds good
No it doesn't. Looks pretty and all but that's about it. My driveway looks like a postcard or christmas card photo at the moment because it's tree lined and we have lights on posts that are covered with snow. But it's really a big pain in the behind to shovel. I shovelled three times yesterday!
but my muscules will thank me
Good Things About Canada:
1. Canadians are passionate. Canadians are very passionate about things they love. They are willing to go the extra mile to make something happen and to support what they believe in.
2. Weather. Every other season but winter is glorious. Summertime temperatures soar to between 25C and 35C regularily. The sun comes out alot and it feels like you're living in Florida. Spring is nice and refreshing and the temperatures are manageable and autumn is heavenly as the leaves start to change colours and being to fall. It's glorious to go for nice drives and smell the leaves.
3. Multiculturalism. It's fantastic to be able to eat so many different types of food without really going too far. It's also refreshing to see respect for the different cultures and I rarely ever notice rascism or discrimination. Race and ethnicity does not impact people's judgements.
4. Hockey. This has to be one of the greatest things about Canada. Incredible game, incredible passion and a reason to actually go outside in the middle of winter!
5. Untouched Beauty. It's refreshing to be able to go places where it looks like no one has ever been. There is always something new to discover, something exciting to see.
6. Natural resources. We have a tonne of oil. After all we are America's largest supplier. We have diamonds, we have fresh water, we have fish stocks, we have lumber. We have just about every natural resource you can name in abundance. Thus our economy usually does pretty well.
7. We can hold our own. We are tough and able to defend ourselves when necessary. The Americans are ruefully forced to remember that we kicked them all the way back to the USA during the War of 1812 and burned their White House. So they better remember that when they go and try to question our Arctic Soverignty. We also killed things at Vimy Ridge, the Germans never saw it coming.
8. Low crime. Canada is extremely safe. Minimal crime and there is very few places where I would actually feel unsafe/threatened. Everyone does their own and you never really worry about crime.