Would You Date Someone Dumber Than You? Watch

Ang|ophi|e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah. There's more to a person than intelligence. There are other qualities that are more important.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by daytona01)
so BBB or better. but below AAA in a-levels then?

Narrows the field somewhat :rolleyes:
A levels are in no way an actual representation of true intelligent (esp. not the ones I did), but more the ability to tick the examiners box and how well you can give the examiner an orgasm with your perfectly phrased answer. All you have to do is regurgitate what your teacher has told you. There's no independant thought in it whatsoever...
And I got terrible A levels BBC, but in my whole academic career I've never been a BBC student in my life. I pretty much averaged A's from GCSE to AS, it was basically a horrible, horrible period for me when I was doing my A levels, plus just general unluckiness with the exam papers themselves, which made me do so crap.
caroline147
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No.
Intelligence is top of my list
daytona01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
A levels are in no way an actual representation of true intelligent (esp. not the ones I did), but more the ability to tick the examiners box and how well you can give the examiner an orgasm with your perfectly phrased answer. All you have to do is regurgitate what your teacher has told you. There's no independant thought in it whatsoever...
And I got terrible A levels BBC, but in my whole academic career I've never been a BBC student in my life. I pretty much averaged A's from GCSE to AS, it was basically a horrible, horrible period for me when I was doing my A levels, plus just general unluckiness with the exam papers themselves, which made me do so crap.
so is grammar an actual representation of true intelligent?

And please, we wish to hear not of your inabilty to make examiners orgasm. :eyeball:
username196545
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
so is grammar an actual representation of true intelligent?

And please, we wish to hear not of your inabilty to make examiners orgasm. :eyeball:

Zomg! You can pick up a typo I made at 3AM in the morning! Hurray for you! That really verifies and supports your argument. Aren't you so much more intelligent?
And if you're going to be a pedant, what type of syntax is: "we wish to hear not of your inabilty".
I'd also like to point out that inabilty is not a word, if you're going to correct my spelling/grammar, then it's somewhat stupid of you to make typos yourself...
And, finally, if you're talking about grammar, I feel it's somewhat prudent to advise you that you're supposed to capitalise the first letters of the sentence.
vinsta
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The real question is "would you date someone smarter than you?"
Personally I would find it quite difficult.
I'd date someone dumber than me, but they must be quite clever still.
daytona01
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Zomg! You can pick up a typo I made at 3AM in the morning! Hurray for you! That really verifies and supports your argument. Aren't you so much more intelligent?
And if you're going to be a pedant, what type of syntax is: "we wish to hear not of your inabilty".
I'd also like to point out that inabilty is not a word, if you're going to correct my spelling/grammar, then it's somewhat stupid of you to make typos yourself...
And, finally, if you're talking about grammar, I feel it's somewhat prudent to advise you that you're supposed to capitalise the first letters of the sentence.

You silly twit, i didn't start an argument, i used information derived from your profile and post and the assumption that A-level results were an indicator of intelligence to extrapolate an ideal range of grades because i was bored.

Then you use incorrect grammar which was pretty funny given the context.

The missing i in inability was just saaaaad :rolleyes:
username196545
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

The missing i in inability was just saaaaad :rolleyes:

As was typing "intelligent" instead of "intelligence"...
Anonymous #1
Report 9 years ago
I wish I could have what is known as a 'conversation' with my boyfriend.
I'm sure he's smart and all.. but just doesn't seem to have any interests as such (apart from getting into my pants!).
Don't think he's ever even read a book.. He did say he used to paint once, but that's about it. Doesn't talk about that either.
Sigh.. I really can't help who I fall for.
daytona01
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As was typing "intelligent" instead of "intelligence"...
see 'pretty funny given context'
ßlαcksωαn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Diaz89)
Might seem silly but would you ever get into a serious relationship with someone who let's say wasn't as bright or academic as you.
Especially if you're a mature girl and the relationship might become serious eventually leading to marriage. Do you fear that you male partner may embarrass you by his potential career prospects?
I wouldn't care about being embarrassed, I just couldn't handle being with a very dumb person.
username196545
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
see 'pretty funny given context'

It really wasn't though. Mildly sardonic perhaps, but 'pretty funny'? Meh, I suppose humour is a subjective thing right?
KirstyK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
a life without risks is one worth risking.
Touché
daytona01
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Meh, I suppose humour is a subjective thing right?
well done! you learned to appreciate the humor of someone else!

I would love to know who was more intelligent, me or you... a 19 year old from london or a 21 year old psychology and maths student. Interesting one.
Overmars
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If I wouldn't, I wouldn't be able to date anyone. :yy:
username196545
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well done! you learned to appreciate the humor of someone else!

I would love to know who was more intelligent, me or you... a 19 year old from london or a 21 year old psychology and maths student. Interesting one.
Firstly, I never claimed to be more intelligent than you, so this whole discussion is redundant, but I'll stick with it to humour you.
Second; what does age have to do with intelligence? And what does location have to do with it. "A 19 year old from London", I fail completely to see how coming from London would diminish my intelligence, and as for my age, it wouldn't neccessarily make you more intelligent than me, but more educated perhaps. Entirely different concepts.
And I'm a Politics student and you're a Maths student... and? Are you trying to make a point there about Arts vs Science degrees? If you are, why not just say it?

I could say: Who's more intelligent? A 21 year old from Stoke? Or a 19 year old Politics student from London. But I prefer not to phrase it so stupidly tbh.
Badges: 14
Report 9 years ago
you are both retards
Asteron
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
lol no, it's just that I fell in love with an extremely clever girl in high school but never told her because she was way too smart for me and she'd be known as the girl who's dating the dumb boy of the class. Funnily enough I ended up going to a better university than her. (got my act together)
Going to a 'better' university makes you smarter then her?

Come back to planet Earth, going to a university higher up in the league tables does not make you superior in the intelligence department to another person. It just means that you've spent less time having fun and more time revising, and probably have been able to charm your way in.

Do you fear that you male partner may embarrass you by his potential career prospects?
I think you are being a bit of a troll in this thread.

Again, just because you are objectively smarter then someone else doesn't guarantee you to the most lucrative and prestigious career.

Wouldn't you be more embarrassed if your girlfriend was out of your league? When walking down the street, people do not automatically know your intelligence/career.. so I think looks would warrant more embarrassment then career prospects.
lmcorr
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It would probably grate after a while not being on the same 'level' as you.

I know its different for relationships, but there are some things I wouldn't say or joke about with some of my groups of friends as I know for a fact they just wouldn't understand or 'get it'. Not being mean just the way it is.
username196545
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by loafer)
you are both retards
Why me? I didn't start this stupid conversation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.3%
No (418)
72.7%

Watched Threads