TSA Results Watch

_lynx_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mizzsnazzter)
i got 71 problem solving and 73 critical thinking and didnt get an interview, i had 7A*3As at GCSE and 5As at AS Level as well as hving things like 330 volunter hours in 6months, managing director of a YE company.. grrr
Gosh i feel your pain! Surely that's enough to warrant an interview. I'm sure you'll be highly sought after by other unis.
InVinoVeritas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm assuming this is for the Oxford TSA and therefore, not to be a grumpy git or anything, shouldn't this really be in the Oxford subforum?

phil.
mizzsnazzter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by _lynx_)
Gosh i feel your pain! Surely that's enough to warrant an interview. I'm sure you'll be highly sought after by other unis.
obviously not! maybe my essay was rubbbish lol!
Waheyyyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by InVinoVeritas)
I'm assuming this is for the Oxford TSA and therefore, not to be a grumpy git or anything, shouldn't this really be in the Oxford subforum?

phil.
Well I did the Oxford TSA, but I thought it was exactly the same test that Cam people did, hence putting it in Oxbridge
X123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Waheyyyy)
Well I did the Oxford TSA, but I thought it was exactly the same test that Cam people did, hence putting it in Oxbridge
How did you receive the results?
InVinoVeritas
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think the Cambridge TSA is different, for a start no essay section. Also, to my knowledge, we Cantab applicants don't get our TSA scores back, which is a shame because I'm curious but c'est la vie. Sorry, in a pedantic mood today and there's every chance I'm wrong :p:

phil.
TomTeeTom
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mizzsnazzter)
i got 71 problem solving and 73 critical thinking and didnt get an interview, i had 7A*3As at GCSE and 5As at AS Level as well as hving things like 330 volunter hours in 6months, managing director of a YE company.. grrr
well i dunno if you applied to E&M or PPE but if you did i think that the essay section would be more important than the multi choice simply because the questions were linked in a way to the subjects we would be doing.
Waheyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by InVinoVeritas)
I think the Cambridge TSA is different, for a start no essay section. Also, to my knowledge, we Cantab applicants don't get our TSA scores back, which is a shame because I'm curious but c'est la vie. Sorry, in a pedantic mood today and there's every chance I'm wrong :p:

phil.
Cam TSA has no essay, but other than that it's the same exam (I'm 99% sure) If you want it moved to Oxford, feel free to post in AAM :p:
X123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sorry to ask again, but how do we receive the results?
Waheyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by X123)
Sorry to ask again, but how do we receive the results?
I asked my exam officer, who had passed it on to the oxbridge guy at my college, who had it I also found out I was the only person in my college to get an Oxford offer this year :teeth:
X123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I asked my exam officer, who had passed it on to the oxbridge guy at my college, who had it I also found out I was the only person in my college to get an Oxford offer this year :teeth:
Thank you- I don't know if I can be bothered to find out my results then as i'm not sure who would have them etc. They might actually get sent to me anyway. Well done on the offer - hopefully i'll see you round Oxford next year!
River Hippo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TomTeeTom)
well i dunno if you applied to E&M or PPE but if you did i think that the essay section would be more important than the multi choice simply because the questions were linked in a way to the subjects we would be doing.
:ninja: I chose the philiosophy question, and talked about mass murderers murdering babies and stuff... :ninja:
TomTeeTom
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by River Hippo)
:ninja: I chose the philiosophy question, and talked about mass murderers murdering babies and stuff... :ninja:
lol. Well at least you must have shown you can write one hell of an essay
River Hippo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by TomTeeTom)
lol. Well at least you must have shown you can write one hell of an essay
I really doubt that :p: . I think they were just so surprised, that they thought they'd call me for interview and amuse themselves.
ttt22
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
68% overall
Interview but no offer at brasenose.
girlodnyu
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
can you give me any indication of how im likely to do
on the multiple choice mock the first time i didn't finish i got 27 out of the 37 i finished
second attempt finished with 48 out of 50
hobnob
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by girlodnyu)
can you give me any indication of how im likely to do
on the multiple choice mock the first time i didn't finish i got 27 out of the 37 i finished
second attempt finished with 48 out of 50
Unfortunately not. It depends on how well you do compared to everybody else taking the same test (and apparently the real tests tend to be trickier than the sample test). Also, if you're planning to apply to Oxford, the essay section will probably be considered quite important, so the multiple choice result alone won't necessarily tell you much.
girlodnyu
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
there is no way to mark the specimen essay section though
hobnob
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by girlodnyu)
there is no way to mark the specimen essay section though
Well, yes, that was kind of my point. This is one of the reasons why you can't really use the specimen test to predict how well you'll do on the real test.
Derek_the_Sheep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by hobnob)
Well, yes, that was kind of my point. This is one of the reasons why you can't really use the specimen test to predict how well you'll do on the real test.
Just so. The specimen tests aren't intended as a set of mock exams for applicants to practice on; they are there mostly to let people know what kind of thing is involved, so they have a clearer idea of what they will be asked to do in the tests.

DtS
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?