Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Leicester has a much better economics department! It's like there best department ;p

ReputationRep:
    What a strange thread!

Exeter is pre-plate glass, and looks nothing like York or Bath. This is one of the original buildings typical in style to the rest:

And there is also a scattering of other buildings, from the old to the new:

ReputationRep:
    sweet images.
    cheers boosh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotshot)
    sweet images.
    cheers boosh.
    No probs.

I saw you comment about ignoring aesthetics after I posted the pics :p:

With regards to your original question (as far as I remember it), I don't think there is any difference really between the two universities. Leicester has a stronger scientific tradition, whereas Exeter seems to excel more in the arts/humanities and social sciences. Both are good universities. A previous poster talked about league tables. I don't wish to get into a debate regarding their value, but both tend to me paired closed to each other. If I knew more about your field I would give more information. On a fair few occasions I've read about Exeter being particularly strong in your field, but to be honest I have no idea.

Best of luck with it all.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 31, 2009

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.