Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ypo, why do you always make topics about race and nationality? Perhaps you should stop obsessing over it so much...

ReputationRep:
    I think they are. Diplomatic relations between Japan and certain countries are very fragile. Several reasons for this mainly due to Japanese war crimes in WWII (Yasakuni Shrine issue). Japan has territorial disputes with Russia, South Korea and China. The treatment of South Korean citizens in present day Japan (and in the past when Korea was under Japanese rule)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    No, as the first part of your post shows.
    Well in Asia there is China which has over a billion people, and they hate the Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Japan.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Japan is

ReputationRep:
    I really like some aspects of Japanese culture, but meh, the whaling... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    YEAH!!!!111

I hate their sushi, anime, energy efficient and durable cars, puirsuit of honour. They make me sick.

(fail)

ReputationRep:
    I think the japanise are quite cool TBH... Most hated country is prob somailia?

(Original post by pendragon)
    Its an exaggeration to suppose that China's entire population actively hates Japan, but Japan is as hated in Asia as Germany would be in Europe if it had never acknowledged the extent of its war crimes from WWII. I think Israel and the US could be rivals to that notoriety in terms of the number of people around the world that wish them ill.
    fail user posts fail post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    YEAH!!!!111

I hate their sushi, anime, energy efficient and durable cars, puirsuit of honour. They make me sick.

(fail)
    Well generally Japan is hated for its militarist and imperialistic history, territorial claims, continuing diplomatic incidents, perceived oppression of ethnic minorities and whaling practices.

ReputationRep:
    why would japan be ? Apart from the fact they eat domestic animals ,i don't see why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobbyy)
    the answer is NO,
    alot of chinese people like japan and wants to go visit there - forgetting abt the past etc.

how could japan be the hated country in teh world?! anime, technology, cars etcs, so many things are created there!
    Bet your parents hate Japan, we are of the generation, of Chinese people that is, who don't see any problem with Japan because we weren't alive, nor is it likely our parents were, when the Japanese committed the atrocities that they are hated for (at least by China). However you can't just forget about the past, otherwise how would we learn from our mistakes? Also the Japanese have not invented anything that is fundamental to cars and are mostly just copies of American and European cars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by russiaismyvogue)
    why would japan be ? Apart from the fact they eat domestic animals ,i don't see why.
    That's not Japan. You must be thinking of other East Asian nations, notably China and Korea.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    England is the most hated :yep:

(Original post by ypo)
    Well generally Japan is hated for its militarist and imperialistic history, territorial claims, continuing diplomatic incidents, perceived oppression of ethnic minorities and whaling practices.
    i think you are missing the point. the reason china hates japan so much is because of the anti-japanese propganda spread by the communist regime, and they are annoyed that japan has been the second largest economy in the world for the last few decades.

the whole 'japan hasnt apologised for war crimes is a load of propaganda ******** made up and perpetuated by the chinese authorities. its a fact of history that all (failing) totalitarian regimes create a scapegoat enemy for the public to vent their anger towards. eg zimbabwe, nazi germany etc. unfortunately some other people have been brainwashed in the process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    i think you are missing the point. the reason china hates japan so much is because of the anti-japanese propganda spread by the communist regime, and they are annoyed that japan has been the second largest economy in the world for the last few decades.

the whole 'japan hasnt apologised for war crimes is a load of propaganda ******** made up and perpetuated by the chinese authorities. its a fact of history that all (failing) totalitarian regimes create a scapegoat enemy for the public to vent their anger towards. eg zimbabwe, nazi germany etc. unfortunately some other people have been brainwashed in the process.
    Which explains why Japan is even more hated in democratic South Korea how exactly?

(Original post by ypo)
    Which explains why Japan is even more hated in democratic South Korea how exactly?
    i had no idea that it was. any evidence?

i have evidence that they dont: sharing the Word Cup 2002 with japan. it just wouldnt happen if all south koreans hated japan.

ReputationRep:
    i had no idea that it was. any evidence?

i have evidence that they dont: sharing the Word Cup 2002 with japan. it just wouldnt happen if all south koreans hated japan.
    Of course not all Koreans hate Japan. Not all Chinese hate Japan either. However I would speculate that a much higher percentage of Koreans hate Japan than Chinese. Admittedly I don't have any facts at hand to back this up right now, but I came to learn during my 6 years in Japan that Koreans are unrivalled in their Japanese hatred. Here's what I'm talking about:

http://uqmgp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Ja...iment_in_Korea

(Original post by ypo)
    Of course not all Koreans hate Japan. Not all Chinese hate Japan either. However I would speculate that a much higher percentage of Koreans hate Japan than Chinese. Admittedly I don't have any facts at hand to back this up right now, but I came to learn during my 6 years in Japan that Koreans are unrivalled in their Japanese hatred. Here's what I'm talking about:

http://uqmgp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Ja...iment_in_Korea
    havent read it yet, but this jumped out at me.
    (Original post by your source)
    1. A 2000 CNN ASIANOW article described popularity of Japanese culture among younger South Koreans as "unsettling" for older South Koreans who remember the occupation by the Japanese

2. A large number of anti-Japanese images made by school children from Gyeyang Middle School, many of which depicting acts of violence against Japan, were displayed in Gyulhyeon Station as part of a school art project.[17][18][19]

According to a survey conducted by Korean Immigrant Workers Human Rights Center in 2006, 34.1% of the primary school students in Incheon region answered that "Japanese should be expelled from Korea" and the rate was considerably higher compared to Chinese (8.7%), black Africans (8.7%), East Asians (5.0%), black Americans (4.3%), and white Americans (2.3%).[20][21]

Professor Park Cheol-Hee of Gyeongin National University of Education pointed out that there were many descriptions regarding other nations as inferior to emphasize the superiority of Korean culture, and Japan is consistently described as culturally inferior.[22][23] A survey found that 60% middle school students and 51% of high school students in South Korea view the descriptions about Japan and China in the current Korean history textbooks as biased
    1. thats natural. old people that 'remember' the war might have a grudge. jap culture is popular is SK. fine

2. wtf they get taught that in school?

ReputationRep:
    havent read it yet, but this jumped out at me.

1. thats natural. old people that 'remember' the war might have a grudge. jap culture is popular is SK. fine

2. wtf they get taught that in school?
    Generally its the government's that don't get along too well. Diplomatic relations between these two are strained at the best of times.
    Japanese pop culture is popular in SK and vice versa.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.