Turn on thread page Beta

eating out, boy has weird hat.responses from others which you'd respect/not respect? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    You could ask that question about loads of things that we do... the way you hold a knife and fork, how you address people, shaking hands...
    Fair point indeed. I do consider manners important and they obviously portray you well but... still. It is just a hat. Ps Check your flight thread; some good posts already.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was going to be something exciting about someone's boyfriend having strange eating habits.

ReputationRep:
    There's a time and a place, and I think it depends on what kind of place you're eating in

ReputationRep:
    Why is he wearing a hat indoors? I'm not really bothered about the issue of manners, but it seems a bit pretentious to me. Like people who wear sunglasses indoors or when it's not sunny, or people who wear full-length trenchcoats when it's a warm day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Fair point indeed. I do consider manners important and they obviously portray you well but... still. It is just a hat. Ps Check your flight thread; some good posts already.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I wore a bright red cowboy hat around town one Saturday. Got a load of looks, got a few evils too.

Funny thing was all my mates at first were telling me to take it off (they were embarrassed), then after a while they didn't mind, then they wanted to wear it.

ReputationRep:
    I love how everyone is going on about whether wearing a hat is rude or not, especially when the OP's emphasis was on the multicoloured nature of it, not the wearing of the hat alone!

ReputationRep:
    It's rude to wear any kind of hat, who cares whether or not it's multicoloured. a little bit of decorum would be nice :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    It's rude to wear any kind of hat, who cares whether or not it's multicoloured. a little bit of decorum would be nice :rolleyes:
    Yup!

ReputationRep:
    Wearing a hat at the dinner table is bad manors as is chewing with your mouth open, eating from another's plate, using your bare hands to serve food, eating before the rest of the table is served...I could go on. It's a way of showing respect towards your fellow diners. Would he have said, "Anyone that gets worked up about [insert any of the previous points] isn't worth impressing"?

ReputationRep:
    i'd think they were a knob and i dont care that they wouldnt think i was worth bothering. mutual

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.