AQA STATISTICS 2B Thread- 29 Jan 09 Watch

Ricky1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone have a copy of this paper?? Let me know.
Ricky1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi, can anyone tell me if question 6 or 7 at the back of the paper asked to find E(C) or E(Y)? I think it gave a distribution for Y and you had to tabulate the distribution and work out E(Y) and standard deviation of E(Y).
dance-to-the-music
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Ricky1)
Hi, can anyone tell me if question 6 or 7 at the back of the paper asked to find E(C) or E(Y)? I think it gave a distribution for Y and you had to tabulate the distribution and work out E(Y) and standard deviation of E(Y).
ummmmm im not sure, but i think it gave u a formula for C in terms of Y, and then you had to work out the E(C) and s.d. of C, but to do that you had to find the E(Y) first, so even if you only found the E(Y), you'll still get some marks. hope that helps
Fixesin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I think the equation was C = 27Y + 5... it wasn't too bad... but quite a lot of work for a few marks only.
Ricky1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi, oh ok I think I got that wrong. lol I didn't know how to tabulate C=27Y + 5 I think. Erm, you know the distribution at the top that was R wasn't it? how the hell do you tabulate C = 27Y + 5 when you don't have the y values you only had the r ones.
Ricky1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone have the paper for Jan 09, please let me know asap thanks. would be really appreciated if you could send it me...
TomLeigh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Fixesin)
I think the equation was C = 27Y + 5... it wasn't too bad... but quite a lot of work for a few marks only.
That's what I thought. I think it was 4 marks for finding E(C^2), squaring E(C) and subtracting it. Doesn't sound like much for E(C^2) takes a long time, and then you need to remember to square root the whole thing.
Lilliesha
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone have this paper? Please let me know if you have..
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?