Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Ralfskini)
    Congratulations.
    Thanks, but the praise rightly belongs to the staff, not the students!

ReputationRep:
    If the two lads were off school premices, they shouldn't have been stupid enough to show the teacher what was in their pockets!!

How silly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devilschild)
    .I am surprised at the ignorance of some of the people in here- cannabis is not addictive, it has never directly killed anyone and very few people actually go on to take harder drugs afterwards.
    I think you just displayed your ignoance there. Canabis can be dangerous. For emample, if you have a predesposed risk of schizophrenia or depression, there is a direct link between taking cananis and the onset of the disease.

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering what other people's views were on something that happened in my school last week because its caused very divided opinions between both students and teachers.2 guys from year 13 were off the school site during the day when a teacher walked past them and thought they looked dodgy so asked to see what was in their pockets. They both had small amounts of cannabis on them and have been excluded until further notice. To be honest I think exclusion is a very extreme punishment for such a small offence and its not like they were stoned at school or even smoking it when the teacher spoke to them, and surely what they choose to do in their own time when not in school is entirely up to them. Its not like them taking cannabis is affecting anyone else so whats the point in taking away someones education because of that? Also, I didn't think teachers were actually allowed to search you so the teacher must also be in the wrong. I realise that neither of them should have had cannabis on them while in school earlier on in the day before they were caught but i still think there are so many worse things people do and don't get excluded for e.g. bullying. Do other people agree or do i just sound like a crazed hippy?
    Drugs are bad. But if they decide to deteriorate their body with intent, let them be...

(Original post by emom100)
    I think you just displayed your ignoance there. Canabis can be dangerous. For emample, if you have a predesposed risk of schizophrenia or depression, there is a direct link between taking cananis and the onset of the disease.
    And it leads to psychological dependence, whether or not you have a tendency to psychiatric illness.

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering what other people's views were on something that happened in my school last week because its caused very divided opinions between both students and teachers.2 guys from year 13 were off the school site during the day when a teacher walked past them and thought they looked dodgy so asked to see what was in their pockets. They both had small amounts of cannabis on them and have been excluded until further notice. To be honest I think exclusion is a very extreme punishment for such a small offence and its not like they were stoned at school or even smoking it when the teacher spoke to them, and surely what they choose to do in their own time when not in school is entirely up to them. Its not like them taking cannabis is affecting anyone else so whats the point in taking away someones education because of that? Also, I didn't think teachers were actually allowed to search you so the teacher must also be in the wrong. I realise that neither of them should have had cannabis on them while in school earlier on in the day before they were caught but i still think there are so many worse things people do and don't get excluded for e.g. bullying. Do other people agree or do i just sound like a crazed hippy?
    the teacher was in the wrong....over here for ANYone to search you they need a warrent....the ONLY kids that were ever sent to reassignment school were actually smoking it in the bathroom and a policeperson caught them!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.