(Original post by theone)
    An apostrophe, we should all know that it should be an apostrophe
    lol as i was saying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    It's should have a comma in it.
    That's not a comma, it's an apostrophe

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I was a bit too slow to reply to that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Damn, I was a bit too slow to reply to that one.
    I thought that. Theone was damn speedy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think that to be able to post you should have to be logged in as a registered user. Is it also possible to stop people posting new threads until they their post count is up to 50 or something like that? I think that would work quite well in deterring people from constantly registering as new users in order to spam the board.

I also think the number of / organisation of the mods needs to be looked at as there are quite a lot of times when there are no mods online. Although I realise the mods have a life, it may be a good idea of they sat down and worked out when they are likely to be online. For example, if they realise that none of them are usually online at lunchtime, maybe a new mod could be recruited who thinks he will be.

I think I'm the reason this forum has been so bad. I make about 150 posts a day and most of them are ****. I'm responsible for all the pointless threads and I'm here all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I think I'm the reason this forum has been so bad. I make about 150 posts a day and most of them are ****. I'm responsible for all the pointless threads and I'm here all the time.
    errrrr... get a life...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    errrrr... get a life...

lou xxx
    I was about to say that too!

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with the point that you should have 50+ posts to start a thread. Some people may join the board to ask a question and may be unable to as they haven't reached the 50 post benchmark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I thought that. Theone was damn speedy.
    bit slow to reply to this one though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I don't agree with the point that you should have 50+ posts to start a thread. Some people may join the board to ask a question and may be unable to as they haven't reached the 50 post benchmark.
    Thats a fair point actually I didn't think about that. I was just thinking that banning unregistered people won't stop the boards being spammed because it only takes a min to register a new user.

ReputationRep:
    It only takes a minute to block an I.P as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Thats a fair point actually I didn't think about that. I was just thinking that banning unregistered people won't stop the boards being spammed because it only takes a min to register a new user.
    Yes but if they are registered and are abusive then they can be blocked my mods (i think).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    yeah, but people will know who the culprit is and will never take them seriously. i don't agree with the 50 post thing- so many people start using this forum because they have a question to ask- they'd have to do 50 pointless posts before they could ask it. bit stupid really.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It only takes a minute to block an I.P as well.
    but some people get new IPs every time they connect. and i think only d can block IPs.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    yeah, but people will know who the culprit is and will never take them seriously. i don't agree with the 50 post thing- so many people start using this forum because they have a question to ask- they'd have to do 50 pointless posts before they could ask it. bit stupid really.

lou xxx
    That registered user can be blocked, but all they have to do then is register another user which takes about a minute, so that will not solve the problem. Yes you can ban their IP, but we can do that for unregistered people already and it doesnt really work because the next time they connect they get a different IP again.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but they're doing to have to dis-connect from the internet and re-connect in order to gain a new I.P which is going to be annoying for them. Also they probably didn't know that until i just said now.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.