Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)

personally i think australia will win because they have the crowd- which can change the whole perspective of a game to the team.

love Katy ***

On current form the aussies dont stand a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Whatever happens, they're some good rugby coming up...
    rugby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    rugby?
    It is 10x more exciting than football, and im a big football fan.

I heard a funny story the other day;

The Rugby and Football teams both had their social nights, and since the footballers can't take their drink they started abusing and attempting to fight with the RUGBY team. They got their arses absolutely kicked.

Ponces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    England, England, England, England, England, England, England, England,England, England...

jinxed yet? *bitter scottish supporter*

lou xxx
    At least you happily admit to being Scottish and bitter, I can give you credit for that at least!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    england struggled to beat a tired wales. they should have won by so much more- and more to do on skil not on wales giving penalty points away.

if england want to beat france they are gonna have to pull out something spektakluar next weekend.

personally i think australia will win because they have the crowd- which can change the whole perspective of a game to the team.

love Katy ***
    England struggled in the first half. After 3 minutes of the second half, they were crusing and in all fairness dominated.

Regarding lack of English skill, trust me if this Welsh team had been playing 15 people lacking skill they would not have been giving away penalties left right and centre. The Welsh forwards were forced into spoiling tactics because they were being pushed about by dominant English forwards. In a game of rugby there is more than the type of skill which involves crisp passes and running rugby, forward play is very skillful.

I don't think England need to do anything spectacular. Simply playing like they can will suffice and France will roll-over.

And lastly and most importantly, I can't see Australia reaching the final let alone winning. They are, if this is possible, playing worse than England in this World Cup. I've been a rugby fan 10 or so years and I've not once seen a worse Australian team.

Those points weren't all directed at you Katy, just your post allowed me to give some structure to mine! Wales played very well and you can be rightfully incredibly proud, I know I would be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)

I don't think England need to do anything spectacular. Simply playing like they can will suffice and France will roll-over.
    I have to disagree there. The French pack is very organised at the moment. If they can legally disrupt Englands feed (which they have done a number of times in the past), then England will have no answer for their backs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    I have to disagree there. The French pack is very organised at the moment. If they can legally disrupt Englands feed (which they have done a number of times in the past), then England will have no answer for their backs.
    SA disrupted England's feed, end result a comfortable England win.

If England play like they can play, France can go home.

ReputationRep:
    Australia have been ****, especailly **** considering the New Zealand referees have shown blatant bias in their favour. Scotland are useless and were never going to beat Australia anyway, but the unbelievably biased refereeing makes Australia's pathetic winning margin seem all the more......pathetic, even France put 70 odd past Scotland.
    It's going to be New Zealand in the final, France / England will depend on Johnny Wilkinson's form on the day lol.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that England have Hill back from injury should sure up the back row, moving Dallaglio to no. 8. I reckon Dawson should go in at 9 and perhaps replace him him with 'utility man' at some point during the match. If we have a fit Lewsey then we can put Catt in the centre, send Robinson out wide and give Wilks the service to run the show.
    Come on boy's!

ReputationRep:
    Balshaw > Lewsey

Trust me. If France play at their best they will beat England. If they both don't perform, England will win.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.