Turn on thread page Beta

Matrix Revolutions- what did you think? watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I thought it was much better than the second film - I enjoyed the action in the 2nd one but the way it kept jumping from action to philosophy and back again with IMO little reason left me feeling confused (not as to what was going on just as to what the film was trying to be action or thinker) I felt the same way about Gladiator - went from violence to lovey dovey with no real ties between and so felt like watching 2 films rammed into one.

The 3rd film however I thought was much more logical in the way it progressed from one scene to the next and the plot was IMO far more straightforward than the second one (too many characters introduced at once in the second film). It's obvious (IMO) that it ended with the machines and the humans working in peace - with those people who reject the matrix being allowed out to live in the real world which they can start to rebuild for the good of machine and human - machine and human in symbiosis - like the old councillor blokey was talking about in the engineering level in the 2nd film.

Probably helped that I watched the 2nd one just before watching the 3rd one (it's much better 2nd or 3rd time round and on the smallscreen not the big screen).

My other half however much prefered No 2 and didn't really enjoy No 3 :shrug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Which website did you go to for explanations?
    Check it's forum on IMDB - That's a good place for theories, but there are also loads of matrix only websites out there.

(Original post by Adhsur)
    Which website did you go to for explanations?
    Hmm, cant remember, best one was actually in a forum. I think i searched on google for 'matric revoultions ending explained'. Basically it explains why the smiths all blew up after assimilating Neo in terms of the fact he was the 'remainder of an equation'.
    J

ReputationRep:
    I read this really weird explanation yesterday which said that Agent smith was good and Neo was bad - I can't remember exacty how it went, but it fitted with the films as well as some of the other explanations I've read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I read this really weird explanation yesterday which said that Agent smith was good and Neo was bad - I can't remember exacty how it went, but it fitted with the films as well as some of the other explanations I've read.
    Does this sound a little familiar? I found it before I saw Revolutions, but to an extent, it seems pretty logical.

Agent Smith Explained
    Agent Smith is the only "human" in this world. He's the one spreading
    himself like a virus replicating himself over and over until the Matrix will
    finally get overloaded and fail. Smith is the one who wants to get out of
    the Matrix for good. He said so in the first Matrix, "I must get out of
    here, I must get free! And in this mind, is the key," squeezing Morpheus's temples, "my key! Once Zion is destroyed, there is no need for me to be here!"

Smith knows that by killing Neo he can escape the Matrix because Neo is the key to resetting the Matrix, or to shut it off. It was originally killing Neo (in the first Matrix) that allowed Smith to become powerful (cloning ability) - so killing Neo again will allow him to gain Neo's powers
    completely, and thus gain the power to shut down the Matrix.

So where the hell did Smith come from if he wants to destroy the Matrix?
    He's obviously not meant to be there - he's a computer virus as he has every characteristic of a virus - he multiplies and spreads and infects (and emulates) other programs like one. He is exactly as he described humans at the end of the first Matrix - "You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus."

But who put him there? This will only be revealed in Revolutions

(Revelations?) I guess - but I'm betting on humans in the real real world,
    i.e., outside of Zion and the Matrix. They're at war with the machines and trying to destroy them by infecting them with this virus - Agent Smith. So the irony with this theory is that Agent Smith represents the human race!!

Neo represents the machines! Agent Smith says to Neo just after he's seen the Oracle that he became free when Neo destroyed him in the first Matrix (remember when Neo entered his body and exploded him from inside out) - as a virus, Smith has the ability to "inherit" other programs' abilities and thus inherited some of Neo's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conrad)
    Does this sound a little familiar? I found it before I saw Revolutions, but to an extent, it seems pretty logical.

Agent Smith Explained

Yeah that was it I think.

why can neo now use his powers in the real world, and after the agent smith is dead, why would the machines keep their agreement, they have no sense of gulit they are machines, so why would they keep peace, they could just go back on the agreement, destroy xion and carry on with the matrix. there are so many unanswered questions which is dissappointing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm2004)
    why can neo now use his powers in the real world, and after the agent smith is dead, why would the machines keep their agreement, they have no sense of gulit they are machines, so why would they keep peace, they could just go back on the agreement, destroy xion and carry on with the matrix. there are so many unanswered questions which is dissappointing.
    Well if you have any concept about what capacity AI has or is capable of, then you would know that if allowed enough time to evolve, it could very well learn a sense of honor or right and wrong or fair and unjust. This AI Overlord seemed to have the feeling or anger and hatred towards Neo for him saying that he cannot stop Smith. If such a machine is capable of anger and hatred, why would it seem strange for it to be capable of fairness and compassion. I think that the AI Overlord felt that Neo held up his part of the bargain by preventing Smith from reaching the machine city and infecting all of existence on the planet, inside the Matrix and outside of the Matrix. I think the AI Overlord was in some manner of speaking grateful for what Neo had done and therefore held up his part of the bargain. After all, Neo could have just saved mankind by him and Trinity staying out of dodge and letting Smith take over everything under the not so visible sun. Wouldn't you be greatful if someone saved you from death? I think even machines in that time era are capable of understanding gratitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tagzt)
    wot it exactly did it close? it seems to me that the matrix was restarted yet wasnt the whole point of the war to destroy the matrix? was all the stuff about the previous ones true? who exactly was the oracle? it didnt bring any closure... a HUGE disappointment
    I agree wit u no Questions were answered in the third 1, it seemed like we ended where the first one began. Ironic when the catchline of the third 1 ws Everything that has a Begining must have an End!

But I still Rekon the third 1 ws kick arse and I really enjoyed it more than the 2nd 1, as it had more action in it!It ws real grippin stuff!However I still thnk the Matrix wud have bin betta if they had never made reloaded and revolutions, cos it spoils how truely genius the original ws!

But Im still Luvin it!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.