The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
pkonline
When I applied for Imperial medicine 2 years ago I got an acknowledgment letter a few days after the deadline saying that they had received it and that I should wait. I got a letter late October for an interview in early November, and got my reply about 10ish days later.

They may have changed it around since then. Interviews have already started and don't finish till March and there's no difference when you get an interview.

Good luck!

ive been invited for an interview; do i have to go in order to get an offer?
Reply 21
edders

I'd guess so.

I think Imperial like to interview everyone before giving offers. I know for medicine some like Barts don't always, even if they invite you and you decline!
edders

Only one way to know for sure and that's to ask them...they'll know you're going to the US - say it clashes with something to do with that and see if they reschedule (ie you have to go) or say don't worry (you don't)

Professor Gareth Jones, Admissions Tutor: [email protected]

(020) 7594 7513
Reply 23
thanks for the advice pkonline and pencil queen :smile:
id quite like to have a look around actually but £40 for a train ticket to london is too much for me! :frown: i spent that much yesterady going to the US embassy to get a student visa - i had to sit in a queue for 4.5 hours, only to be told 'yup, your visa is approved, bye' :mad: :eek:
edders
thanks for the advice pkonline and pencil queen :smile:
id quite like to have a look around actually but £40 for a train ticket to london is too much for me! :frown: i spent that much yesterady going to the US embassy to get a student visa - i had to sit in a queue for 4.5 hours, only to be told 'yup, your visa is approved, bye' :mad: :eek:

There must be cheaper tickets - especially if you're booking in advance...and have a railcard.
Reply 25
Pencil Queen
There must be cheaper tickets - especially if you're booking in advance...and have a railcard.

railcard costs money... i need to see how much tho. good idea about booking in advance; can you get a good discount doing that?

imperial looks very good in their subject brochure, but im put off by the cost of london living/the noise of the city (i like peace and quiet!)
edders
railcard costs money... i need to see how much tho. good idea about booking in advance; can you get a good discount doing that?

imperial looks very good in their subject brochure, but im put off by the cost of london living/the noise of the city (i like peace and quiet!)

http://www.youngpersons-railcard.co.uk/ £18 pa - I saved that easily and more on the interview trips I made on the train (Cardiff, Bristol, London and Edinburgh all from Liverpool)

Checking out prices for the 25th
Reply 27
If you book in advance then it works out cheaper, particularly if you go on a weekday. I get nearly 50% off by booking a few weeks early and using a railcard.
You could get an Apex return for £21.80 (without including a railcard discount which is 1/3 on all fares after 9:30am). Leaving Weymouth at 8:46am and arriving at London Waterloo at 11:35 and leaving London Waterloo at 3:30pm and arriving back at 6:10pm. Leave earlier in the morning or later in the evening and you have to get a cheap day return at £38:20 (although with a railcard thats only £25.47)

Sorry - I'm a train geek love the things and hardly ever get to travel on them.
Reply 29
Pencil Queen
You could get an Apex return for £21.80 (without including a railcard discount which is 1/3 on all fares after 9:30am). Leaving Weymouth at 8:46am and arriving at London Waterloo at 11:35 and leaving London Waterloo at 3:30pm and arriving back at 6:10pm. Leave earlier in the morning or later in the evening and you have to get a cheap day return at £38:20 (although with a railcard thats only £25.47)

Sorry - I'm a train geek love the things and hardly ever get to travel on them.

ooo cheers for info pencil queen :biggrin:
that would explain why my ticket cost so much yesterday... i left at 7.50am
edders
ooo cheers for info pencil queen :biggrin:
that would explain why my ticket cost so much yesterday... i left at 7.50am

You could always tell Imperial you'd be happy to come for an interview so long as it fits in between 12 and 3pm - otherwise ask them to pay your travel expenses (you'd be surprised how willing some uni's are to do this...you have to pay on the day but you get the money back after a week or so)
Unregistered69
As in chem n maths n a b in bio....but im predicted 3 As

got my invitation 2 tha interview on 29th o october.....

I was going to apply Chem Eng but I applied Biochem instead because I didn't have physics and apparently it's quite physics maths orientated. hmm

Latest

Trending

Trending